Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!
Lockspur 03:27 PM 05-13-2013
To clarify, 4 syringes full...PER BAG. So 16 total.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:21 PM 05-13-2013
Scotty... Kinda cool...my SPT is same color and has same handle as your cooler. If I have this correct, they are all made in PRC anyway. Probably just have the different brands on separate floors! Not sure, but think that most coolers use the same peltier unit.
Very cool wineador ya got there!
RR
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:20 PM 05-13-2013
Thanks! Hoping to do another one in a couple weeks.
[Reply]
falconman515 04:37 PM 06-10-2013
Got this PM form a user asking a question about if I run the cooler or not.

Here was his PM and then my reply.

BOTL: Quick question for you on your build, for the wineador build you did, does the wineador actually run as in you plug it n a power source and it runs or are you just using the shell as a box? I havent seen this completely spelled out as what to do with this and what setting you run it on?

ME: No the Wineadors main purpose should be temperature control. I live in the Valley of California with some nasty hot summer months and found when I first started a humidor would exceed 70degrees VERY easy and got to high to be safe for my sticks, so I decided to take the plunge into something to control the temp and first bought a cheap 8 bottle rig with 2 trays but filled that fast so decided to go balls out on the big 28 bottle.

On the Newairs the highest temp you can set it at is 66 .... but when using a hygrometer with temperature as well the internal temp runs a little off so during the summer I normally run it the highest temp of 66 and that gives me about 67-68 degrees in my cooler all summer ... and along with my kitty litter the temp and RH stay Rock Solid!

Now all depending on where you live the fall and winter months are different for me ... I turn the unit all fall and winter time as my ambient temperature in my house holds my wine cooler to a 63-64 degree temp in the box at all times ... all I do is run a small fan in the unit to move around the air and humidity and open the door to shift the RH to keep it from building up stale pockets of less RH.

But ultimately a wine cooler is for one reason only ... temperature control, so you should always be running the cooler to keep the temps down during hot months and figure out if it's needed during your cold months (more then likely not).

Hope this helps.

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:14 PM 06-10-2013
I run mine as well but i know / have read that a few of the longer standing BOTLs here have winadors and never plug them in, just depends on where you live but they seem to be popular for the volume, astheticts, 'fridge quality' seals among other things.
[Reply]
Lockspur 02:23 PM 06-11-2013
I run my KoldFront 28-bottle cooler at the warmest setting, and it stays at 65F and 65RH.
[Reply]
stearns 02:30 PM 06-11-2013
for what it's worth, i dont even plug my vino in. my reasoning, it never gets too hot where i live and the humidity is rock solid as is. I have needed to plug it in when i've been in hotter environments, and everything worked fine, but for the time being i dont want to fix what aint broken. i'm only using it as a nice looking airtight container with notches on the side for trays :-)
[Reply]
big pete 08:51 PM 06-11-2013
^^ +1
[Reply]
falconman515 01:20 AM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by stearns:
for what it's worth, i dont even plug my vino in. my reasoning, it never gets too hot where i live and the humidity is rock solid as is. I have needed to plug it in when i've been in hotter environments, and everything worked fine, but for the time being i dont want to fix what aint broken. i'm only using it as a nice looking airtight container with notches on the side for trays :-)
Yep that works to.

Like I said these are for temperature regulation ... and you know it's there if needed.

And for many guys summers it does get hot enough to need to run and it's great to know your expensive collection of cigars are being taken care of correctly with one of these.

But if you live in a colder climate or you may have you wine cooler in the basement or something you might not even need to run it all.

Use if you need it ... if not it looks pretty sitting there as a big ass glass window humidor!

:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:06 AM 06-12-2013
Very Nice Set-Up & Awesome Narration Of Your Progress, Chris!:-) Thanks For Sharing!:-)
[Reply]
MUNKY 07:49 PM 06-12-2013
moving into the new house soon and cant wait to do this setup! Great walkthrough
[Reply]
MUNKY 09:13 PM 06-17-2013
Another question for you, would a set and forget system work in this as well. I know it would take up more space but don't quite know if it would be the better route?
[Reply]
bobarian 09:35 PM 06-17-2013
I've used a pound of 65% Heartfelt beads for the past 4 years in each of my Vinotemps with no issues at all. I have split them into two 8oz bags, one on top the other on the bottom. My Vino's are not plugged in.
[Reply]
falconman515 01:31 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I've used a pound of 65% Heartfelt beads for the past 4 years in each of my Vinotemps with no issues at all. I have split them into two 8oz bags, one on top the other on the bottom. My Vino's are not plugged in.
+1

Just buy some KL or Beads and really it may not be Set and Forget but I'm sure you have a couple minutes every 4-6 months to spritz the media a little.

Really this is the best way to go!
[Reply]
MUNKY 06:50 AM 06-18-2013
well appreciated thanks.
[Reply]
Lockspur 07:54 AM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by falconman515:
+1

Just buy some KL or Beads and really it may not be Set and Forget but I'm sure you have a couple minutes every 4-6 months to spritz the media a little.

Really this is the best way to go!
+1
[Reply]
MUNKY 09:26 PM 07-09-2013
Ordered the cooler build commencing in 5-6 days! Truly pumped for this!
[Reply]
ford_shooter 02:29 PM 09-10-2013
My wineador will be showing up tomorrow. Can't wait to get it up and going. My humidor is heeping full and my next order of sticks won't fit.
[Reply]
nayslayer 01:00 PM 11-22-2013
Great thread thanks
[Reply]
falconman515 01:27 AM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by nayslayer:
Great thread thanks
You bet .... Gonna bump my thread for any new guys looking to dive into a wineador.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up