Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Caddy Custom Trays
groogs 09:57 PM 12-01-2008
That is lookin very good. I think I may have to build some custom trays of my own in the near future.:-)
[Reply]
TravelingJ 07:12 AM 12-02-2008
that is beautiful work, and great pictures to show it off! Now just sit back and wait for the orders!
[Reply]
hotreds 09:30 AM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Vitis:
That's just amazing. Being extremely un-handy, it blows my mind to see people build stuff that they visualize. The rest of us have to buy whatevers available even if it doesn't truly meet our needs. Very sweet. congrats

~Vitis
Yup- I couldn't even make an ashtray in shop!
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:39 AM 12-02-2008
Great looking trays. Do you have foam on the bottom of each tray, to protect the cigars from the tray above?
[Reply]
shilala 12:22 PM 12-02-2008
Beautiful job, Donnie!!! :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 12:36 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Great looking trays. Do you have foam on the bottom of each tray, to protect the cigars from the tray above?

I wondered that too. It looks like he built the lip a little higher than the height of a typical cigar so the tray above it would rest on the sides of the wood and not hit the cigars.
[Reply]
DonnieW 04:15 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I wondered that too. It looks like he built the lip a little higher than the height of a typical cigar so the tray above it would rest on the sides of the wood and not hit the cigars.
All the sides sit flush with the tray above. The top tray is of course covered by the foam in the lid. The other two are not. Frankly there isn't enough movement of the cigars to worry me about padding top/bottom and sides. My only concern is lengthwise (ends) with the cigars, if a short cigar is in a long slot, sure it can move around if carried the wrong way. I've got foam 'bumpers' on either end for that purpose but after three trips, I haven't noticed anything wrong with my cigars.

For those that asked me in PM: The bottom tray will take a 64 x 7.5" cigars; the middle tray takes 60 x 7.5"; and the top tray 54 x 5.5".
[Reply]
mikeyj23 05:27 PM 12-02-2008
They look great!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up