Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My little coolidor project
captain53 05:57 PM 01-30-2010
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Not to thread jack, but is there a big demand for the little units?

I have seen the little ones in a lot of stores, best buy even has them, and just never gave them a second glance.

Chas
ME
[Reply]
longknocker 06:00 PM 01-30-2010
Very Nice & Well Organized, Shawn!:-)
[Reply]
skier171 06:01 PM 01-30-2010
How many sticks will that 8 bottle hold? ...my old roommate has one that i could get for 25 bucks...
[Reply]
0002S 06:06 PM 01-30-2010
Originally Posted by skier171:
How many sticks will that 8 bottle hold? ...my old roommate has one that i could get for 25 bucks...
It would all depend on how it was configured. I'm not maximizing the space because the tray choices are limited. This one, 50 to 75. Maybe 200 if configed differently.
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:51 PM 01-30-2010
I can do any size tray. I thought about at one time buying one, building trays and offering it as a complete unit ready to go. Just add cigars :-)

Just never thought there was a demand for the little ones when for just a little more money you can get a 28 bottle unit.

Chas
[Reply]
captain53 06:55 PM 01-30-2010
I can do any size tray. I thought about at one time buying one, building trays and offering it as a complete unit ready to go. Just add cigars :-)

Just never thought there was a demand for the little ones when for just a little more money you can get a 28 bottle unit.

Chas
I think it is a space to put it idea. I never thought about a little one till I saw this one done up and it hit me that would stop me from having to open the big one as much and also be convenient for my every-day smokes. Shipping $ might be an issue for selling them as a whole unit but if you look at that high priced desktop that vinotemp sells you might get some ideas.:-)
[Reply]
0002S 06:56 PM 01-30-2010

Chas
I agree, I wavered back and forth about going more vertical or larger on a 16/28 because there isn't that much price difference. I ended up coming back to what I wanted which was a desktop singles unit that could hold 50-70 individuals.

It's more than functional for a places where then temp cant get below 70 easy and cheaply. But the pimp in me wants to make it look better...lol

PM me with estimated cost for drawers. I'm interested to see how much it ups the ante vs. the cost of a 28 set.
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:17 PM 01-30-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
...Shipping $ might be an issue for selling them as a whole unit..
Not really, the small ones could be shipped ground for a fairly reasonable price because of their size.

Originally Posted by 0002S:

PM me with estimated cost for drawers. I'm interested to see how much it ups the ante vs. the cost of a 28 set.
I would need some basic measurements. The size of the wire rack is fine for a quote. Also a height of the space between the slots.

Chas
[Reply]
0002S 07:25 PM 01-30-2010
I would need some basic measurements. The size of the wire rack is fine for a quote. Also a height of the space between the slots.

Chas
14 x 11.5 - rack W x D

top down
3.5 - top rack slot
3.5 - middle rack slot
.5 - middle rack to bottom

The is a fan square in the back the sticks out about 2/8ths and is almost in middle of unit. I would assume that there would have to be space for this to have free flow air.
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:30 PM 01-30-2010
14 x 11.5 - rack W x D

top down
3.5 - top rack slot
3.5 - middle rack slot
.5 - middle rack to bottom

The is a fan square in the back the sticks out about 2/8ths and is almost in middle of unit. I would assume that there would have to be space for this to have free flow air.
That's basically the same size as a double for the edgestar.

Prices can be found here.

Chas
[Reply]
0002S 07:35 PM 01-30-2010

Chas
The site blocks me from that link.
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:38 PM 01-30-2010
The site blocks me from that link.
PM on its way :-)

Chas
[Reply]
captain53 08:12 PM 01-30-2010

Chas
So you think that little monster would hold two edgestar sized (approximately) double drawers? That would be a killer! If it will I want to get 2 in the next batch.
[Reply]
Nimbus 09:27 PM 01-30-2010
Speaking of 28 bottle Vinos, has anyone seen one for sale recently? All stock from Target has expired years ago. :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 05:51 AM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by Deputy:
Nice looking setup you have there. Kudos!

Where did you get those trays, if you don't mind me asking?
If I recall well I bought mine from our friend at cigarmony
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up