Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Long-Term Temporary Storage
stearns 07:57 AM 01-19-2010
As some of you know, i'll be studying abroad in madrid this semester (leaving tomorrow night). I'm broke and can't afford to buy too many cigars there, so i plan on bringing a bunch with me. what is the best way to store/travel with these? keep in mind i'll be gone for 4 months. i was thinking some high quality tupperware and some beads out of my vino, it wont be opened too much here so i dont think a little less will be too much of an issue. any tips or advice?

thanks
stearns
[Reply]
longknocker 08:03 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by stearns:
As some of you know, i'll be studying abroad in madrid this semester (leaving tomorrow night). I'm broke and can't afford to buy too many cigars there, so i plan on bringing a bunch with me. what is the best way to store/travel with these? keep in mind i'll be gone for 4 months. i was thinking some high quality tupperware and some beads out of my vino, it wont be opened too much here so i dont think a little less will be too much of an issue. any tips or advice?

thanks
stearns
Ben: High Quality Tupperware & "1" 65 RH Boveda Pack & You'll Be Fine For 4-6 Months!:-)
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 08:37 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by stearns:

thanks
stearns
I think your tupperdor will work just fine with the beads. Good luck in Madrid!!! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:41 AM 01-19-2010
Tupperware and 65% beads should be perfect.

Have fun in Madrid buddy! :-)
[Reply]
Deputy 09:30 AM 01-19-2010
Buy a small cooler and turn it into a coolidor!
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:36 AM 01-19-2010
Enjoy Spain. I wish I went abroad for a semester. That is my biggest regret of college.....not traveling. I decided to work instead.
[Reply]
okieRob 06:10 PM 01-23-2010
I've used Tupperware with a chunk of spanish cedar and beads in it for an extended period - it works well. In some ways it is better than a cheap humidor - you know the Tupperware will seal well.
[Reply]
joeobx 06:21 PM 01-23-2010
Take the Tupperware with you and have a friend send care packages every so often.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 06:37 PM 01-23-2010
That's an awesome opportunity! I'll bet you'll find some decent cigars there. Spanish Market Selection?
[Reply]
JE3146 07:20 PM 01-23-2010
I say a couple of those boveeda packets and a tupperdor or get a travel humi (30 to 50 cigar ones)

Travel humi would be my vote :-) Durable as all get out, and you can keep your RH rock solid with a boveeda packet.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:44 PM 01-23-2010
Enjoy Spain brother!! :-) Not too many senioritas!! :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:11 PM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I say a couple of those boveeda packets and a tupperdor or get a travel humi (30 to 50 cigar ones)

Travel humi would be my vote :-) Durable as all get out, and you can keep your RH rock solid with a boveeda packet.
you really think i brought only 30-50 sticks? clearly you know know me as well as i thought you did :-)

stearns
[Reply]
Up