Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Famous Honduran Selection 2000
The Saint 09:48 PM 05-21-2009
Size-Robusto 5 X 50
Wrapper-Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Binder- Ecuadorian
Filler-Dominican, Brazilian, Nicaraguan

Pre-light: Very nice looking cigar. A light vein-less wrapper with a few mottled spots. Mildly sweet aroma with a hint of that good old "barnyard" scent. For a cheaper cigar ($30 for 20) this is a pretty well put together cigar.

First impressions: Upon lighting, my mouth was smacked with a strong "twang" (ammonia?), but the wrapper has a nice sweetness to it. A very woody smoke, but I am picking up some bitterness. I think there just might be some young tobacco in the mix. A very good burn, straight and true. My only complaint about the burn is that the ash is a little loose.

Half-time: Not much change from the start, other than it is moving up the strength meter. Now its more medium bodied rather than mild.

The Finish: She burned down to about 3 inches left, by then it was getting a little harsh, not bad, but enough I didn't want to push it to hard. It did burn nice and straight.

Summary: For the money it makes for a very good yardgar, I think with a prolonged nap in the humidor, this could blossom very well.

Halo Chart-
Construction=8
Strength=5
Value=8
[Reply]
Up