Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Davidoff LE 2008 - Reserva 12
BillyCigars 02:44 AM 05-14-2009
Thanks again to Papajohn(:-)), I had the pleasure to smoke one of these and was incredibly impressed with it.

The Davidoff Limited Edition release for 2008, the Reserva 12, turned out to be absolutely fantastic. I'm amazed that I didn't get a hold of these for myself - I had been eyeballing them for some time but not having tried one, I decided to keep them under the radar.

This cigar is fairly full-flavored (but not a powerhouse, nor spicy) and its extremely complex. It has the most incredible creamy-sweet, "clean" aroma to it. Very elegant. Now and again, I get a tannic flavor; kind of like the "oakiness" you sometimes find in full-bodied rums.

This is just a great example of a Davidoff LE release. Behind the 2002 Special 53 (my personal, overall Davidoff "Holy Grail"), the 100th Anniversaries, and the 2007 Puro Robustos/Perfectos, this is probably my favorite of the LE releases; definitely one of their better blends!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:04 AM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
Thanks again to Papajohn(:-)), I had the pleasure to smoke one of these and was incredibly impressed with it.

The Davidoff Limited Edition release for 2008, the Reserva 12, turned out to be absolutely fantastic. I'm amazed that I didn't get a hold of these for myself - I had been eyeballing them for some time but not having tried one, I decided to keep them under the radar.

This cigar is fairly full-flavored (but not a powerhouse, nor spicy) and its extremely complex. It has the most incredible creamy-sweet, "clean" aroma to it. Very elegant. Now and again, I get a tannic flavor; kind of like the "oakiness" you sometimes find in full-bodied rums.

This is just a great example of a Davidoff LE release. Behind the 2002 Special 53 (my personal, overall Davidoff "Holy Grail"), the 100th Anniversaries, and the 2007 Puro Robustos/Perfectos, this is probably my favorite of the LE releases; definitely one of their better blends!! :-)
Thanks for the review, Bill! Love The Davidoff line! Any ideas on where I can buy a 5'er?:-)
[Reply]
BillyCigars 04:18 AM 05-14-2009
Yep - you can get a fiver of them at Jack Schwartz! If you go to the website (http://www.jackschwartz.com) and search under Davidoff (or just click HERE), you'll find them there. The site allows you to buy singles, so just add however many you want and voila!

I think you'll really be pleased with these, Greg!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:51 AM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
Yep - you can get a fiver of them at Jack Schwartz! If you go to the website (http://www.jackschwartz.com) and search under Davidoff (or just click HERE), you'll find them there. The site allows you to buy singles, so just add however many you want and voila!

I think you'll really be pleased with these, Greg!
Thanks, Bill!:-)
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:48 AM 05-14-2009
Thankyou for that review Billy. I am very interested in the Davidoff brand. Can you suggest a Davidoff cigar for me to try for my first Davidoff? (Im a fan of robusto size).
[Reply]
ActionAndy 07:12 AM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by Jimbo14:
Thankyou for that review Billy. I am very interested in the Davidoff brand. Can you suggest a Davidoff cigar for me to try for my first Davidoff? (Im a fan of robusto size).

Probably can't go wrong with the Special R :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:35 AM 05-14-2009
Bill glad to see you enjoyed the cigar.

Suggest anyone reading Bill's review turn on their speakers and enter his Vertigo Club Website at the bottom of the post. Seattle is going to be a happier place.
[Reply]
BillyCigars 01:18 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
Probably can't go wrong with the Special R :-)
:-) Great recommendation! I think that's where I would start Jimbo - full of flavor, unbelievably complex. As with all Davidoff's, they're awful pricey (though imho, actually worth it) so if you find one, try and set aside some "alone" time with it. Give it as much attention as you can in the least windy spot you can find. I think you'll fall in love with the line!

Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Bill glad to see you enjoyed the cigar.

Suggest anyone reading Bill's review turn on their speakers and enter his Vertigo Club Website at the bottom of the post. Seattle is going to be a happier place.
Aww, Thanks John! :-):-)
[Reply]
Up