Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nicaraguan Heirloom Fuerte
The Saint 01:19 PM 05-07-2009
Now that things are starting to get back to normal around here after the flood, I thought I'd post some reviews. Seeing as we were evacuated from our house for almost 2 weeks, I didn't have much else to do but smoke cigars....Not a bad thing I guess.

Size: Salomones 7 1/4 X 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Pre-light: A rustic corojo wrapper with a few "rain spots". It has the distinct corojo aroma; spicy with a little sweetness. I cut both ends with the Palio, I can see a nice mixture of brown and black tobaccos.

First impressions: Cigar lights easy, again that distinct corojo taste and aroma, sweet spice and leather. It burns fairly straight, this corojo is very thick wrapper(not unlike leather),with tons of smoke.

Halftime: Still burning fairly straight, no touch ups so far. Spicy flavors(not Pepin spicy, but spicy enough) with leather and earth. Ash is somewhat flaky, but holds on ok.

The finish: Spice and leather dominate, burn is starting to be come an issue, needs a touch up or two. With about three inches left, I hear a small crack and sure enough a crack has started. I smoked another inch and then decided to let it go out.

Summary: This is a very good smoke, spicy and full flavored. The second label says "Fuerte", I didn't find it full bodied, more medium-full. Cigar King sells these(10 for $40) and an "A" size(9 1/4 X 47, 25 for $50) as well, I would like to try it and compare the two. If you like corojo I would suggest picking up a box.

The Saint's Halo chart:
Construction: 8 Halos out of 10
Flavor: 8 Halos out of 10
Value: 8 Halos out of 10
[Reply]
scooter 02:40 PM 05-07-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up