Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Tradicion Cubana Robusto
tuxpuff 06:29 PM 05-06-2009
Shape - Robusto
Size - 5x50
Wrapper - Ecuador
Filler - D.R., Nic.
Binder - Honduras

Good looking cigar with a smooth wrapper and firm feel. Rolled in Miami. Comes wrapped in a half sized cedar sleeve wrapped in cellophane. No soft spots. Cedar aroma because of the sleeve.

First third - Great draw. Initial flavors really only contain tobacco. The smoke is quite mild and very smooth with a dry finish. The flavor profile stays consistent throughout the first third. The ash is strong and white and the burn is very good.

Second third - Still extremely smooth. The intensity of the flavor is now picking up a bit. It still has the primary flavor of tobacco but now with interesting hints of leather and a sweet cinnamon. It's really starting to blossom at the end of the second third with an increasing depth of flavor.

Last third - Mocha, almonds, cocoa and roasted nut flavors are all present on different draws. It has surprisingly turned into quite a complex smoke for such a mild start. Strong flavors of mocha linger on the tongue to finish.

Overall an enjoyable smoke. The petite torpedo is still my favorite vitola but this surprised me with the complexity of flavors. At $80/box I think this is a great cigar value...as well as the entire LTC line. Recommended.

[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:12 PM 05-06-2009
Great review and great pics. I've been meaning to try these and some others from this maker, but the cigar budget always seems to get spent before I do.

Thanks for taking the time to do the review.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 08:37 PM 05-06-2009
Really nice review, I am going to have to try this one.
[Reply]
Fumes 10:13 PM 05-06-2009
I heard that they moved production of these to Santiago, DR., but they still have an office in Miami. I haven't noticed any change in quality, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. LTC is a fantastic mild-bodied cigar. One of the best deals around, IMO. Your review is right on the money. :-)
[Reply]
scooter 07:59 AM 05-07-2009
Thanks for the review and photos, very nice.
[Reply]
Up