Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Puros, Nirvanna
TBone 03:30 PM 05-06-2009
This is my first attempt at a review and looked over many previous reviews by all the great BOTLS we have in the asylum and chose to follow this format. Not right or wrong but this one helps me stay to the point.

Size: 7x52 Churchill
Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Indonesian (Sumatra)
Binder: US Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican

Prelight: The wrapper was a milk chocolate brown with moderate veins. The cigar was well wrapped and firm. I detected a hint of coffee after cutting the cap. Not sure what the cap was.

Construction and Burn: The draw was loose and easy, not much to my liking I prefer a bit of a pull but overall ok. The burn was even and clean throughout most of the stick. I did not have to retouch until the last third. Once I reached the last third the taste turned yuckey and unenjoyable. A lot of touch up was required due to uneven burn. The ash was a whitish gray and held very well. Before I knocked it off I had about a 2 inch ash going. Lots of smoke and it lasted close to 50 mins.

Flavor: The initial draw was ashy and gave a very smokey taste. About an inch into the stick I detected a slight citrus but that didn't last long. From there I reached a very milk chocolate flavor that remained on my tongue for a few seconds. At about the half way point the milk chocolate turned to a mild coffee flavor. The flavors were well rounded and very prominent to my young palette. This would be a great morning stick with a hot cup of coffee.

The deeper I smoked the better the flavors matured. The transition from one flavor to the other was suttle and a nice surprise.

The final third of the cigar turned rogue. It was difficult to taste any flavor but ash. The burn began to canoe and needed a lot of touch up.

Overall I would smoke this again, though alot milder then even my palette likes but the flavors were real the burn for the most part perfect and I enjoyed the full bodied tastes supplied.

Thanks to Mike(Kelmac07) for a great stick

PS: I must admit I did contact a distributer to get the information on the wrapper, binder and filler as I in no way would have been able to provide this info on my own. :-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 03:39 PM 05-06-2009
I've never heard of those...great review. Thanks!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:38 PM 05-06-2009
Paul...seems the last third of stick is not very well liked anyone who has sampled this. Volt said the same thing...did you two burn these together? LOL!!! Great review!!

Mac
[Reply]
Volt 04:43 PM 05-06-2009
Hmmm Nope, I smoked mine in the car the other day.
[Reply]
scooter 08:03 AM 05-07-2009
Great review, thanks.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 08:06 AM 05-07-2009
well done all of you
[Reply]
Up