Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles
tuxpuff 08:56 PM 05-04-2009
Size - 5 x 50
Shape - Robusto
Wrapper - Nicaragua
Filler - Nicaragua
Binder - Nicaragua

Decent looking cigar. It had a few lumps under the wrapper as well as a couple of visible soft spots. I love the design of the simple band.

First third - Initial draw flavors consist mainly of tobacco with a slightly woody and peppery spice aftertaste. Not very strong in flavor. Good draw with a good amount of smoke. Burn is slightly messed up...only to get worse.

Second third - The flavor is smoothing out at this point with hints of cocoa, leather but still mainly tobacco. Burn problem had to be corrected. Flavor stays consistent throughout this third.

Last third - Intensity picks up with flavors of cocoa, leather, and an increase of spice. Had to give it another touch up from burn problems.

Overall a pretty good cigar. It didn't wow me with complexity of flavors...and a bad burn didn't help issues. But the flavors were pleasant and able to be enjoyed any time of the day.

[Reply]
bookman 09:51 PM 05-04-2009
I got these for 4 $ a stick from devil's site and I love em! For me the flavor starts right away. They have a chewy (inset wookie noise) wrapper. Dudeman, I think you got a bad one. No burn probs for me, just a great smoke with great flavors. Your last third is like my first third. Give another one a try. Amazing smoke. A solid 9.5! Nice review. Loved the piktures!
[Reply]
BlackIrish 06:57 AM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by bookman:
I got these for 4 $ a stick from devil's site and I love em! For me the flavor starts right away. They have a chewy (inset wookie noise) wrapper. Dudeman, I think you got a bad one. No burn probs for me, just a great smoke with great flavors. Your last third is like my first third. Give another one a try. Amazing smoke. A solid 9.5! Nice review. Loved the piktures!

I love these too, and while they're certainly not the most complex stick I'll ever smoke, the flavor profile is just how I like it. I haven't had burn issues, either, so you might want to give these another try.

Thanks for the review and pics.
[Reply]
greenwit 04:49 PM 05-09-2009
I had burn issues with these too.....bought a box last year.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 01:25 PM 05-10-2009
I have only had two, burn issues with both.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:47 AM 05-11-2009
I agree with the burn issue but other then that I think these sticks are great, I have some sitting in the cooler
[Reply]
DougBushBC 08:39 AM 05-11-2009
Nice review, one of my favorite smokes.
[Reply]
boom 12:09 AM 05-16-2009
Dry box these a bit. These are great smokes my fav by far..... Lower humidity helps on these alot 65 rh. Just finished one tonight....
[Reply]
Swampper 01:27 AM 05-16-2009
Had one of those tonight. A very good Robusto.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:58 AM 05-16-2009
Nice review:-)
[Reply]
eber 11:38 AM 05-16-2009
thanks for the review :-) I have had the angeles, hermosos, and the torp, enjoyed them all. I think I will have to give this vitola a try.
[Reply]
Up