Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Fed Ex problem
gettysburgfreak 08:59 AM 10-31-2008
I ordered five boards of spanish cedar from woodcraft for my vino on the 28th. Fedex said they delivered it to my house this morning but when I went to check my front porch where it said it was left there was no package to be found. I called Fedex and they were no help. Any ideas for what I should do?
[Reply]
poker 09:01 AM 10-31-2008
I would think you could enter the tracking number and it would show who signed for it. No?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:03 AM 10-31-2008
woodcraft didnt request that anyone sign for it
[Reply]
FXAdam 09:05 AM 10-31-2008
Courier companies blow.

I know that doesn't help you but I feel better for having said it.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:09 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I ordered five boards of spanish cedar from woodcraft for my vino on the 28th. Fedex said they delivered it to my house this morning but when I went to check my front porch where it said it was left there was no package to be found. I called Fedex and they were no help. Any ideas for what I should do?

Call the shipper, Woodcraft, and explain that the item shows delivered when it actually wasn't.
They should do one of two things. As the shipper, they can contact FedEx, or they could reship.

Nothing llike a lil morning wood discussion! :-)
[Reply]
poker 09:12 AM 10-31-2008
Contact woodcraft and tell them is what I would do. Let them know you never received it, yet FedEx claims it was delivered.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:12 AM 10-31-2008
I emailed woodcraft customer service, hopefully they will reship it.
[Reply]
poker 09:16 AM 10-31-2008
Personally, I would call them and write down the name of the person you talk to, so you have a name to follow up with.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 09:16 AM 10-31-2008
You should check with your neighbors too. They may be holding your package for you.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:22 AM 10-31-2008
wow, woodcraft has some awesome customer service. Called them up and the lady is going to send out my order again today. I assume free of charge.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:24 AM 10-31-2008
She is good!
Any woman that can give you wood over the phone is worth her weight in gold!
[Reply]
poker 09:40 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
She is good!
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 09:44 AM 10-31-2008
She is good!
wow...that comment made my day :-) :-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 09:45 AM 10-31-2008
She is good!
And for free!!!!
[Reply]
cricky101 10:24 AM 10-31-2008
I don't understand why companies don't require items to be signed for when delivered. It would take the liability off of them and put it on the shipper to ensure delivery.

I had a recent shipment stolen (presumably) from my unsecured apartment entryway when FedEx just left the package without a signature. The shipper didn't require signature for delivery and FedEx was no help. The shipper, after multiple phone calls and a letter, did resend the package, though, free of charge.
[Reply]
zmancbr 12:37 PM 10-31-2008
She is good!
Score one for Tim! :-):-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:52 PM 10-31-2008
If possible, ship to work or friend/neighbor who is home to receive. I never trust my doorstep.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:27 PM 10-31-2008
Got home from work today and I found the package in my garage with a note from my neighbor saying FedEx delivered it to them. All is well with the world, my shelves are made and now in the vino.
[Reply]
webjunkie 07:28 PM 10-31-2008
Huzzah for good neighbors. :-)
[Reply]
TRicker 07:33 PM 10-31-2008
It's all a numbers game. If Fedex had to get a sig every time they would have to make an incredible amount of redelivery attempts and their costs would skyrocket. They gamble that only a certain number of pkgs get "lost" and accept the costs knowing it costs less than all the extra attempts and angry customers who didn't get the "express" service.

*glad you were able to finally get your wood*
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up