Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What can you tell me about the Graycliff 1666
Rockestone 11:04 AM 11-01-2008

This will be my first one and was wondering what other's experiences were like.
[Reply]
G G 11:07 AM 11-01-2008
Can't say, but I just got one in a PIF 10 minutes ago from Kevin (kfish). Will let you know when I smoke it.:-)
[Reply]
groogs 01:36 PM 11-01-2008
I think the flavor of the 1666 is great, nice chocolate smooth flavor. The construction on the other hand is hit or miss. I have smoked about five of them and four of the five have had construction problems. If you can find them for around $3 per stick, I think they are worth it, but I wouldn't pay MSRP.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 01:40 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
I think the flavor of the 1666 is great, nice chocolate smooth flavor. The construction on the other hand is hit or miss. I have smoked about five of them and four of the five have had construction problems. If you can find them for around $3 per stick, I think they are worth it, but I wouldn't pay MSRP.
I feel the same. Graycliffs are way too expensive for an everyday smoke... the 1666 are more affordable and you can get some great deals in the devil site. Some minor wrapper challenges, but they were very good otherwise.
[Reply]
Rockestone 01:56 PM 11-01-2008
Just smoked it. Not bad. Did not have the construction problems on this one, thank goodness. I still have 4 more. I'll let you know how those hold up.

I enjoyed but like earlier mentioned, I won't be paying high dollar for these.

Thanks
[Reply]
boonedoggle 01:59 PM 11-01-2008
These start very solid to me, but get really bitter around the band.
[Reply]
Ratters 09:29 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
Exactly what he said, though I've had 3 out of 6 with construction issues, mostly in the torpedo shape.
[Reply]
bigloo 09:43 PM 11-01-2008
For $3-4 a stick which is easy to find, they are tasty. Not as good as the remainder of the graycliff line but much better then many other sticks at $3-4. Taste wise, cocoa and coffee, smooth and creamy. I keep 3-4 in the humi.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:46 PM 11-01-2008
I liked mine after aging for a few months. Got one as soon as I got it and it was ammoniated and harsh with some burn issues. A few months inthe humi and they smoked well. I still like the PG better but these are nice.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:37 PM 11-01-2008
I found it to be a very good smoke.
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:45 PM 11-01-2008
Nothing yet... I still have a couple that I got as gifts in the humi resting... I have heard they are pretty good and not a bad value at all. :-)
[Reply]
Up