Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Fed Ex problem
ucla695 08:08 PM 10-31-2008
Very true. I always request a signature upon delivery when possible. This way I just have to drive down to the nearest delivery center to claim it and I can sleep easy (luckily I'm close to FedEx and UPS). :-)
[Reply]
robofan 01:35 AM 11-01-2008
Fedex does this to me all the time. In fact it just happened last week. Ordered a box of cigars and their on line site showed delivered, left on front porch. I looked outside front, back and all around the house, no box. Called Fedex customer service they apologized and said they would get a hold of the driver. Next morning I get a call from the driver and he says he left it behind the chair on my front porch. I explained I don't have a chair on my front porch. He said he would retrieve it and make sure I got it that day. In the mean time my neighbor was knocking at my door with the package in hand. Just glad my neighbors don't smoke cigars. :-)

So I'm not surprised it happened just surprised that you didn't get better customer service from Fedex. Whenever they do it to me they bend over back-wards to get it to me the next day.
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:50 AM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by robofan:
Fedex does this to me all the time. In fact it just happened last week. Ordered a box of cigars and their on line site showed delivered, left on front porch. I looked outside front, back and all around the house, no box. Called Fedex customer service they apologized and said they would get a hold of the driver. Next morning I get a call from the driver and he says he left it behind the chair on my front porch. I explained I don't have a chair on my front porch. He said he would retrieve it and make sure I got it that day. In the mean time my neighbor was knocking at my door with the package in hand. Just glad my neighbors don't smoke cigars. :-)

So I'm not surprised it happened just surprised that you didn't get better customer service from Fedex. Whenever they do it to me they bend over back-wards to get it to me the next day.
:-)

I think we've all had problems with USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL from time to time. In my epxerience, it happens less frequently with FedEx and when it does happen with FedEx they're usually pretty quick to make it right. I have had much worse experiences with DHL, USPS, and UPS. I think with FedEx the drivers "own" their routes or something like that and there's more responsibility and accountability put directly on the driver.
[Reply]
DPD6030 08:35 AM 11-01-2008
The USPS will put it in my mailbox if it will fit. If not, they have left it on the front doorstep where the whole neighborhood can see. Now UPS is a little more creative. I checked and one of my packages was delivered. I could not find in and then I walked outside and looked in my bushes. Sure enough it was placed between my cement steps and the bushes. Nice little hiding spot. Kudos to UPS for playing hide and seek.
[Reply]
TRicker 10:49 AM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
:-)

I think we've all had problems with USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL from time to time. In my epxerience, it happens less frequently with FedEx and when it does happen with FedEx they're usually pretty quick to make it right. I have had much worse experiences with DHL, USPS, and UPS. I think with FedEx the drivers "own" their routes or something like that and there's more responsibility and accountability put directly on the driver.
The ground drivers are subcontractors who own the route. Fedex express drivers are just the delivery guys like UPS.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 11:38 AM 11-01-2008
I don't understand how they can deliver to the wrong address if the package is addressed correctly. Are they just that careless or do they just say, screw it, it's not worth finding the right place and put it on the neighbor's steps?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 11:49 AM 11-01-2008
The thing that was pissing me off is an hour after my package was supposed to have been delivered to my front porch another fedex truck delivered some medication for my sister. If he can get it right how did the first guy f up?
[Reply]
alley00p 11:55 AM 11-01-2008
I had this same problem with an order for a box of cigars from Kioki; I ALWAYS have my packages delivered to my work address, but Kioki sent it to my billing address at home. After it became apparent that the box never showed up, I called Eric and he instituted a trace, which resulted in a FedEx guy showing up and saying that he was supposed to pickup up a box from my home address and deliver it to my work address.

I talked to Eric again, and he reshipped the whole order at his cost. That's why I'll definately do business with Kioki again! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up