Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Illusione HL a.k.a. Holy Lance
kaelaria 10:57 PM 04-24-2011

This 7.5×40 stick offers a beautiful soft dark brown wrapper with a slight redish hue. Veins are minimal, seams are tight and even. It has a firm pack, a little pigtail tip and soft chocolate and barnyard aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw with huge clouds of thick rich smoke giving medium-full body flavors of a deep oily earth and fine aged tobacco with a bit of very smooth pepper. The first third develops to a sweet, creamy, oily nut with aged tobacco, the finish going very short and clean with just a bit of earthy aftertaste. The ash holds on for an inch at a time, and the burn is fairly quick. 20 minutes in the 2nd third starts by shifting flavors a touch, dropping the nuttiness and replacing it with a soft leather. The last third shows no further changes although the burn slowed a bit and the ash fell shorter. Ending at 1:10 I enjoyed it right down to the nub. Video on the site
[Reply]
longknocker 03:53 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by kaelaria:

This 7.5×40 stick offers a beautiful soft dark brown wrapper with a slight redish hue. Veins are minimal, seams are tight and even. It has a firm pack, a little pigtail tip and soft chocolate and barnyard aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw with huge clouds of thick rich smoke giving medium-full body flavors of a deep oily earth and fine aged tobacco with a bit of very smooth pepper. The first third develops to a sweet, creamy, oily nut with aged tobacco, the finish going very short and clean with just a bit of earthy aftertaste. The ash holds on for an inch at a time, and the burn is fairly quick. 20 minutes in the 2nd third starts by shifting flavors a touch, dropping the nuttiness and replacing it with a soft leather. The last third shows no further changes although the burn slowed a bit and the ash fell shorter. Ending at 1:10 I enjoyed it right down to the nub. Video on the site
One Of My Favorite Illusiones!:-) Nice Review, Bryan!:-)
[Reply]
SteveH 06:20 AM 04-25-2011
Excellent review - I'll have to find one of these !
[Reply]
Bunker 06:32 AM 04-25-2011
My favorite Lancero, the maduro is nice too but I prefer the natural. My go to stick if I am in a B&M and want something to smoke right now.
[Reply]
Duke9192 07:08 AM 04-25-2011
Great review!! Can't wait for the opportunity to enjoy this stick.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 03:49 PM 04-25-2011
Love these...
[Reply]
Ranger_B 03:16 PM 04-26-2011
Great review for one of my favorite laceros.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 03:52 PM 04-26-2011
Thanks for the review.... :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 09:38 PM 04-27-2011
Thanks!
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:41 PM 04-27-2011
Nice review, another cigar on my short list to buy!
[Reply]
burnem 11:02 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:
My favorite Lancero, the maduro is nice too but I prefer the natural. My go to stick if I am in a B&M and want something to smoke right now.
Couldn't agree more. When visiting a new shop I look for these to enjoy if I can't find something my B&M doesn't carry that I want to try.
[Reply]
OLS 10:06 AM 05-17-2011
I was lucky to ge given one of these by a great BOTL Bill when I went up to Nashville to smoke with him
last month. It was the candela-wrapped edition and it was really tasty. Kept my interest in the
flavor department and performed very well as a cigar. The candela wrapper does tend to burn as well
or better than any other type, but it was still a fantastic cigar all around. And I don't usually waste much
time on the NC cigars. Glad I took the time to smoke that one. I have another candela from Lance Axeman
(and a maduro too.) Need to head to head them.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:48 AM 05-17-2011
Going against the grain. I am a lancero whore but this cigar does nothing for me. The blend in this format doesn't work for me. Bland and boring. I would take any other illusione besides this one.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 11:44 AM 05-17-2011
very nice review been dying to try one of these...Lanceros are my favorites...
[Reply]
coach 01:00 PM 05-17-2011
i was lucky not only to have tried the "proto" but the final product. truly an oustanding smoke and Dion has blended himself a classic. I haven't ried the candela version but knowin Dion, it could only be Top Shelf.
[Reply]
rizzle 07:40 AM 05-18-2011
Love 'em.

Also had my first of the candelas this weekend. Enjoyed it as well. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 09:19 AM 05-18-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Going against the grain. I am a lancero whore but this cigar does nothing for me.
I would like to change my answer now...............................lol. :-)

What I liked about this cigar may not conflict with your response altogether. As many know, I have near ZERO
experience with modern day NC cigars. I am just not in the market. So I enjoyed it for two reasons, I usually
detest candela and did not hate that stick, and it was much better than the type of NC I used to smoke, barring
the Padrons. Blah, blech, metallic linear crap. The IHL-C was a good NC cigar for me. So yeah, Greg's palate
is broke, haha.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:53 AM 05-18-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I would like to change my answer now...............................lol. :-) .....................So yeah, Greg's palate is broke, haha.
:-)

I won't argue that it's not. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 10:07 AM 05-18-2011
Ahhh, reading that makes me think. Last night I was 94% sure I was skipping the shack.
:-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:19 AM 05-18-2011
You all know there is a GB for these going on right?

I'm just saying....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45517
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up