Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LFD Chiselito double ligero
omowasu 05:52 PM 01-23-2009
Picked one of these up today on a whim - I have smoked them before but it has been a while. Unfortunately, I had to smoke it outside, but at least I had the opportunity to enjoy a cigar!

Anyhoo, just as before, these cigars are cannons. They may look small, but they pack a spicy, charcoal "vitamin N" punch that reverberates through the mouth cavity into the throat. I think these are even stronger now than in the past - perhaps this is because the one I enjoyed today was new. Usually I let my cigars rest for 6 months or so.

Burn was iffy, probably due to the weather. I had to relight about 1/3 through. At that point, my tongue was numb to the nicotine and I could start picking out more spice flavors - cinnamon and red pepper made appearances complimented by some charcoal and cedar overtones. Not bad.

Overall, a classic LFD revisited. I dont know if I could smoke the most massive of these, but they are always worth a try (and worth revisiting)!

Now, if someone could explain why I keep buying cigars when I have a ton already, that would solve one of the mysteries of life!
[Reply]
G G 09:08 PM 01-23-2009
Got a Chisel in the humi, can't wait to try it. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:13 PM 01-23-2009
I would recommend the premium line, Litto Gomez Diez. Dont let the light colored wrapper fool you, they are by far the strongest coming out of his factory. :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 08:41 AM 01-24-2009
I've got a few of these in maduro Great cigars. Nice review.
[Reply]
ChINaMaN1472 05:18 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I would recommend the premium line, Litto Gomez Diez. Dont let the light colored wrapper fool you, they are by far the strongest coming out of his factory. :-)
And that ain't a joke.
The worst thing about the Chiselito is that it's so short... I always want to light up another once I'm done.
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:31 PM 01-27-2009
One of my favorite cigars!!
[Reply]
tchariya 08:07 PM 01-27-2009
I love this LFD Chisel* line. The Chiselito and Chisel Gordo are tasty full body smokes and short smokes...30-60minutes...now it's big brother the Chisel is a monster....don't smoke that on an empty stomach!
[Reply]
roughrider 08:54 PM 01-27-2009
The Chisels are awesome. Just make sure you're prepped for them.
[Reply]
FullBodied 10:08 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by omowasu:
Picked one of these up today on a whim - I have smoked them before but it has been a while. Unfortunately, I had to smoke it outside, but at least I had the opportunity to enjoy a cigar!

Anyhoo, just as before, these cigars are cannons. They may look small, but they pack a spicy, charcoal "vitamin N" punch that reverberates through the mouth cavity into the throat. I think these are even stronger now than in the past - perhaps this is because the one I enjoyed today was new. Usually I let my cigars rest for 6 months or so.

Burn was iffy, probably due to the weather. I had to relight about 1/3 through. At that point, my tongue was numb to the nicotine and I could start picking out more spice flavors - cinnamon and red pepper made appearances complimented by some charcoal and cedar overtones. Not bad.

Overall, a classic LFD revisited. I dont know if I could smoke the most massive of these, but they are always worth a try (and worth revisiting)!

Now, if someone could explain why I keep buying cigars when I have a ton already, that would solve one of the mysteries of life!

If you like the DL's, ya really gotta gor for the DL 700.
[Reply]
Cigarman 10:16 PM 01-27-2009
Only cigar that makes me sweat. Awesome
[Reply]
muhren 05:36 PM 10-13-2010
Smoking this one now with over a year rest...VERY smooth floral character.
[Reply]
amlique 05:50 PM 10-13-2010
One of my go to igars when I'm at the B&M. I'm sitting here wondering why I have never purchased a box. After the man cave's done I might pull that trigger.

BTW, if you didn't know, the Air Bender is a little easier on the dizzyness, but just as perfectly blended.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:13 PM 10-13-2010
I had one today and had to pitch it. The flavor was WAY off. I've had several of these before and have enjoyed them so I know this one was just a dud.
[Reply]
muhren 06:32 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by amlique:
One of my go to igars when I'm at the B&M. I'm sitting here wondering why I have never purchased a box. After the man cave's done I might pull that trigger.

BTW, if you didn't know, the Air Bender is a little easier on the dizzyness, but just as perfectly blended.
I'll keep that I'm mind!
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 07:54 PM 10-13-2010
Thank you for the review. Will look into some of these once I finish smoking the Air Benders I came across.
[Reply]
Up