Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Floridita Limited
borndead1 10:16 PM 01-15-2009
For some reason, I dig deeper into the depths of my humidors when I am broke. Found this cigar while digging through a box of assorted maduros.

Size: FAT ASS robusto. Now I remember why I forgot about these cigars. They have a RG of 60. Just not a size that sits comfortably between my teeth. Looking at the whole line, the smallest RG is 52, but it's a churchill (too long for me). It's a shame, too, because this is a really great blend.

It has a distinct amaretto or sweet liquor type flavor that I've only experienced with a handful of cigars. I can taste it on the draw and nose exhale. The finish has a tart, charred wood flavor.

Lots of subtle flavor changes throughout the smoke. With this much tobacco packed into 1 cigar, you're bound to get a variety of flavors and aromas. Burn is a bit crooked but not bad enough to need correction.

Great smoke, fantastic blend. I gotta give it up to Famous Smoke Shop. They really have a lot of outstanding house blend cigars that are easy on the wallet. I wish they made the La Floridita Limited in smaller sizes.
[Reply]
dccraft 05:57 AM 01-16-2009
I've had a bundle of their regular maduros and they are very tasty for the price. In fact I kinda use them as my "everyday" maddy in the summer. By your description it looks as if there is a richer flavor profile on the Limited blend. I may have to break down and try these. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 09:00 AM 11-16-2009
the la floridita limited are excellent!!! got some in a jet black sampler from FSS...
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:00 PM 11-16-2009
These are very nice with some rest on them. Thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 03:33 PM 10-19-2010
someone please do a La Floridita Fuerte review!
[Reply]
borndead1 04:24 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
someone please do a La Floridita Fuerte review!
Buy me a box and I'd be happy to! :-)

Hehehe...I've been eyeing these as well. The customer reviews are pretty good. I may try to snag a box or sampler next time they come up on auction. Also wanna try the Nesticos (not the Organica cigarillos, a separate blend).
[Reply]
Up