Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Fuente Belicoso
Chris. 05:13 PM 10-22-2010
I got this cigar from thetechninja some time early this year as payment for doing some work on his car. I was happy to accept it along with it’s body guards. This measures a 54 RG at the foot (widest part), it is a little over 5.5” long and is a belicoso shape. I saw Beli because of the shape of the point. It’s got a curve to it, which leads me to believe it is not a Torpedo, which are more straight all the way to the tip.

This is a hard, densly packed cigar, which seems well worth the premium you would pay for such a cigar. There are some small viens but they are very small. The wrapper has a beautiful reddish hue, and has no seams to be found. As if it werent rolled, it were squeezed out of a pressed like a noodle. (actually, upon closer inspection, there are seams, but they blend in so well, you cant see them without trying very hard to find them. This is a very well made cigar. Let’s see how she smokes…

FIRST THIRD:
Of course, on my ONLY Casa Fuente, I mess the wrapper up during the cut. I was using my Xikar knife instead of my Palio. I should have just stopped being lazy and got the Palio. Most of the wrapper is gone from where you would put your mouth. This was completely my fault. It lit fairly easily and has a strong cedar profile for the first few puffs. After ¼” it has lightened upu a little, so it isnt scorching my tongue with cedar. This is a full flavored, full strength cigar.

SECOND THIRD:
Still very cedary. The ash is still holding on strong at 1.5”. It has a razor sharp and straight burn. Requiring no touch ups at all. It is very powerful through the nose. The ash fell off as I entered the final third.

FINAL THIRD:
Cedar, cedar, cedar. I really couldn’t pinpoint any other flavors from this cigar. It wasn’t overpowering after the first ¼” at all. Just a nice subtle cedar flavor.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS:
This cigar was all cedar. It had a very pleasant aroma and flavor. I’m not sure what these retail for, but it would definitely be worth another try. Although it was very one dimensional, it was pleasant, and had excellent construction which required no touch ups at all. It produced a nice volume of smoke and the draw was near perfect. Not too tight and not too loose.
[Reply]
Chris. 05:13 PM 10-22-2010

[Reply]
EricF 05:32 PM 10-22-2010
Good review Chris! Thanks for the info. I have some robustos sleeping waiting for the right time!
[Reply]
BTcigars 06:50 PM 10-22-2010
Nice review. Looks like a tempting cigar, the burn looked perfect.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 08:40 PM 10-22-2010
I have smoked quite a few and they are some tasty pricey sticks
[Reply]
jdakine 08:51 PM 10-22-2010
Nice review, I love me some Casa Fuente. One thing you should know, is that the wrapper on these are very thin and delicate. They will crack very easy when cutting or when smoking.

I went with the Corona Gorda and the Lansero, they don't have that problem.
[Reply]
Chris. 05:06 AM 10-23-2010
yea it was very thin. I noticed that when I peeled the broken part off. After I took the band off, the rest of the wrapper pretty much fell off, so I burned the wrapper in my Stinky. It smelled GREAT!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:55 AM 10-23-2010
I like these better than the Opus X
[Reply]
hscmit 11:02 AM 10-23-2010
havent tried these yet, but sounds like a winner

thanks for the review
[Reply]
Beklage 11:55 AM 10-23-2010
Looks delicious, I need to track one down....Thanks for the review
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:43 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I’m not sure what these retail for, but it would definitely be worth another try.
Chris,you don't want to know,trust me. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 02:13 PM 10-23-2010
After some quick googling.....I'm with Dave.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:40 PM 10-23-2010
Nice review Chris...thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:27 PM 10-23-2010
Headed to vegas in a couple of weeks and I already know my better half and I have a date with a couple of mojitos and a couple Casa Fuentes. Granted I can not stare at the bar staff as much when she is there.
[Reply]
Chris. 08:36 AM 10-25-2010
I forgot to mention that this was from 2007, if I remember what Stewart told me correctly.
[Reply]
Up