Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Churchill
DaBear 09:49 AM 10-21-2010
Let me start off by saying this cigar is MASSIVE at 7x50. This bad boy was takin up waaaaay too much space in the humidor, so what better way to clear the space than to smoke this bad boy?

Now on to the real review:

The wrapper on this stick looks just as good as a Padron 26 Anniversary's, velvety with a deep rich tobacco scent, though there are two large veins. The predraw is a little bit looser than I prefer, but not too bad.

The initial light provides a deep rich flavor that I couldn't quite place my finger on until about an inch into this cigar, olives. For whatever reason, the smoke tasted exactly like eating a kalamata olive; tangy, but not overpoweringly so and with a very rich "meaty" flavor. The smoke comes out a nice blueish-gray and the draw stays a bit on the loose side.

The initial flavor lasts the whole way through the cigar, but begins to yield to some light woody notes in the 2nd third and then some of the typical Perdomo nutty flavors(nothing wrong with it, just every Perdomo I've had has had some nuttiness to it) in the final third.

Overall, I'd give this cigar a 9/10 almost leaning towards perfect 10 just for the value(~$5). This cigar is definitely full flavored and medium-full body. I imagine this cigar would be perfect as an after dinner smoke on a cold winter evening.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:57 AM 10-21-2010
Excellent review! I have 2 of these in my 'dor currently but not the same size
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:54 AM 10-21-2010
The first maduro I had...turned me rather quickly too!! Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:58 AM 10-21-2010
The Lot 23 Maduros are some of my favorite cigars and you can't beat the price!
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:11 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
The Lot 23 Maduros are some of my favorite cigars and you can't beat the price!
:-)
[Reply]
Up