Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Royale robusto
Don Fernando 11:33 AM 10-20-2010
These Casa Royale cigars are another Holts exclusive made by Don Pepin Garcia, just like the Old Henry and Fumadores. The Casa Royale is a Nicaraguan puro that shares a wrapper with the Tatuaje Black. I bought this cigar when I was in Philadelphia in may 2009 and the cigar has been stored in my humidor since then. This robusto is 5 inch long and has a ring of 50.

The wrapper is rough, oily, spotty and chocolate brown with some big veins. The band is a bit over the top. The cigar has a chocolate smell. The construction feels good and after I punched the thick wrapper I get a good predraw with a raisin and tobacco flavor.

I taste espresso, mild bitter and strong with a pepper flavor in the back of my throat. The espresso turns into coffee with a hint of chocolate. After half an inch I also taste some leather. The coffee and the pepper disappear and instead I taste an earthy flavor with leather and the hint of chocolate. This all happens within the first inch of the cigar.

After an inch and a half I taste some wood with herbal flavors and pepper with every now and then some sweet chocolate. After ⅝ the pepper gets the dominant flavor and soon after it's a nice mixture of wood, nut and peppery flavors which get a little stronger.

The smoke time of this robusto is ninety minutes. The draw and burn are good. The ash is firm but rough of structure and almost white. The smoke is plenty, thick and white. This cigar is medium bodied but full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I will get a box

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
LostAbbott 11:34 AM 10-20-2010
Afbeelding? The pictures you linked do not seem to be working...
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:02 PM 10-20-2010
Another fine review Ferdie. Have never tried these...but have just added them to my "Have To Try" list. :-) :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:06 PM 10-20-2010
Damn that is a great band... Looks like a good smoke as well.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:09 PM 10-20-2010
Love the pre-lit smell. Very much liked the 1st third but the few I had seemed to go south at the 1/2 way mark. I might have to revisit these.
[Reply]
njstone 01:51 AM 10-21-2010
Nice review. I like these too ... the corona is even better, imvho. I want to pick up some of those next time they're on sale.
[Reply]
Up