Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>hemingway signature (sungrown)
x man 02:24 AM 10-18-2010
Finally smoked one, nubbed it
even better i am sure in a few mnths.
[Reply]
davidwillson 02:41 AM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by hscmit:
it did have a crack in the middle of the wrapper, it had no effect on the draw and didnt go through to the binder.

you can see the end starting to unravel, in the third and fourth pic, once I took the band off it came loose, but I was able to hold it together and finish this beauty.
the classics and these are nice smokes.
[Reply]
beyonder 06:58 PM 10-18-2010
Good review. How would you, or anybody who's had both, compare it to the signature with the natural wrapper? The signature with the natural wrapper is what I smoke the most of so I picked up a box with the sungrown wrapper and I've been really wanting to try one but want to age them a while first.
[Reply]
hscmit 12:53 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by beyonder:
Good review. How would you, or anybody who's had both, compare it to the signature with the natural wrapper? The signature with the natural wrapper is what I smoke the most of so I picked up a box with the sungrown wrapper and I've been really wanting to try one but want to age them a while first.

To my palate, the cameroon wrapper on the regular line is not as complex, and makes it a more mild cigar. I always associate it as smooth, and creamy with very little spice. It is an excellent cigar on its own and one of the few cameroon wrapped cigars I smoke with any regularity.

hope this answers your question
[Reply]
alwayslit 01:08 PM 10-19-2010
cameroon wrapper is a smooth mild smoke. Great with coffee in the morning.
[Reply]
sobranie10 02:46 PM 10-19-2010
Hemingway's sun grown first ones I saw were in Palm Beach Florida very good cigar. No ware to be found in Michigan Fuente rep made no promises.
[Reply]
beyonder 03:09 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by hscmit:
To my palate, the cameroon wrapper on the regular line is not as complex, and makes it a more mild cigar. I always associate it as smooth, and creamy with very little spice. It is an excellent cigar on its own and one of the few cameroon wrapped cigars I smoke with any regularity.

hope this answers your question

I love the cameroon wrapper on the regular signatures and that's what I was referring to by their "natural" wrapper. I meant regular but I wasn't very clear about that and used the wrong term. The regular signature with the cameroon wrapper is my every day go to smoke, and was wondering how it compares to the sungrown wrapper and how people would describe the difference in the two wrappers?

I'm guessing from your description that the sungrown wrapper has a bit more spice to it and is a bit stronger than the cameroon wrapper, which I would also describe as smooth, sweet and creamy. I probably should just get one of the sungrowns out and smoke it, but wanted to get more humidor time on the box of them that I have.
[Reply]
x man 11:03 AM 10-20-2010
The sg is more complex, more of a complete smoking xperience.
It gave me more of what i like in a cigar.
[Reply]
njstone 02:02 AM 10-21-2010
Nice review!

I like the Cam and Maduro, but have never had to opportunity to pick up a Sungrown. They sound awesome, though! Cinnamon is one of my absolute favorite flavors in a cigar!

And I actually get a lot of cinnamon out of the WOA vitola of the Cameroon, so I think part of that is from the blend.
[Reply]
smokinpeace 06:28 PM 10-24-2010
I love these but at about the half way mark got blown away by an ammonia blast. I think these need 6 months to sit. Loved every moment before it took a bad turn though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up