Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Sports>New England Patriots
massphatness 02:14 PM 01-21-2015
Jesus, this thread makes me want to call the wambulance

Gaining a competitive advantage, cheating, call it what you will -- every single team in every single sport does it.

I despise the Patriots despite living in the heart of New England (grew up a Bills fan in central NY), but wah wah wah ... the only reason people make a big deal about the Patriots "cheating" is because they've been dominant in the Brady/Belichick era. No one else is even close in terms of consistently fielding a contending team year in and year out. It's goddamn maddening to be sure, so people jump on the whole cheating argument. If this were the Jags or the Raiders or my Bills, no would give a rat's ass.
[Reply]
afranco 02:33 PM 01-21-2015
Gooooo patsssssss !!!!!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:50 PM 01-21-2015
Go Seahawks!!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:55 PM 01-21-2015
Go football! I'm into college hoops now, and waiting for spring training.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:04 PM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by Barcode:
You Forgot Hockey :-)
The REAL sport! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:11 PM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
This. There's a reason NE sports teams get the negative treatment....they CHEAT!
Like Félix Heredia, Yusaku Iriki and Guillermo Mota did, Mets fan?
[Reply]
pnoon 04:20 PM 01-21-2015
Just a bit of caution for all participants. Let's not make this personal. Remember why we're all here.

:-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:15 PM 01-21-2015
I kind of think of the New England hate about the same as Yankees hate.
I always say I hate the Yankees. I don't in the least, really. They're a storied institution of winners that make the game better. I just love to watch them lose. :-)

I love watching New England play ball. Tom Brady is an incredible quarterback and I can't think of a coach in the NFL right now that is as talented and as complete as Bill Belichick. His pedigree is outstanding and there is nobody who works harder.
It does drive me nuts that he dresses like a doof.
That said, I'm not a New England fan. I don't root for them to lose as hard as I do the Yanks, but I do root for them to lose so the Steelers don't have to go anywhere near them in the playoffs.

I figure if I hate on the cheating, or Brady's temper, or Belichick's doofy hoodies and it keeps me away from watching them play ball, I lose.
They are an astonishing franchise. One of the very best I've ever seen in 40 years of watching the NFL.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:14 PM 01-21-2015
I think that this is really great!!

[Reply]
shilala 06:17 PM 01-21-2015
That's awesome. I hope they work out the bet. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:22 PM 01-21-2015
When the Seahawks win, the kids at the children's hospital win!
[Reply]
Dave128 07:22 PM 01-21-2015
I am a Mets fan and I am glad the cheaters got caught.
[Reply]
mhailey 07:44 PM 01-21-2015
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:45 PM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
When the Seahawks win, the kids at the children's hospital win!

Well regardless of the outcome I hope he goes anyway. I know RD Jr. is making the most of his second chance in life and does a lot of charity and kids events, would love to see Chris Evans follow suit. Bam! play on words.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:16 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Do you have any documentation that shows the Colts were found to be using under inflated footballs? They each get 12 game balls to use. Each time the offense hits the field, they use a football from their own side line.

It's been cold while playing football since the beginning of time. This is the first I've ever heard of this happening (not saying it never has). I can see MAYBE one or two of the 12 being under inflated due to extreme cold, but not 11.
I work night shift; I haven't seen a game all season. I was just asking the question. You're right: it is always cold when they play, but how often are they measured after a game, always or only upon protest? BTW, I hate cheating too, I just want what happens to be based on science and not emotion.

As for who uses what balls, I thought it was like Baseball, where the home team supplies all the balls for the game.
[Reply]
Steve 06:12 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Jesus, this thread makes me want to call the wambulance

Gaining a competitive advantage, cheating, call it what you will -- every single team in every single sport does it.

I despise the Patriots despite living in the heart of New England (grew up a Bills fan in central NY), but wah wah wah ... the only reason people make a big deal about the Patriots "cheating" is because they've been dominant in the Brady/Belichick era. No one else is even close in terms of consistently fielding a contending team year in and year out. It's goddamn maddening to be sure, so people jump on the whole cheating argument. If this were the Jags or the Raiders or my Bills, no would give a rat's ass.
Sorry Vin, gotta call BS on this. If the Jags cheated we would actually be amazed that they were paying attention...

:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:17 AM 01-22-2015
At the end of the day, NFL is just entertainment and should be treated as such.
[Reply]
The Poet 06:22 AM 01-22-2015
At the end of the day, NFL is just a multi-billion dollar business and should be regulated as such.
[Reply]
shilala 06:26 AM 01-22-2015
I like money.
[Reply]
8zeros 06:58 AM 01-22-2015
Since they switched back to fully inflated balls at halftime it seems the Pats handicapped themselves in the first half.
I wonder how many of the players are wearing special braces or other appliances that enhance their performance. Everyone does anything they think they can get away with. I grew up in the Drugged Up Players years when they used every steroid and stimulant and pain killer they could imagine. It was fair, I guess, cuz they were all doing it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up