Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Barclays Premier League 2013/14 Banter
ColdCuts 09:51 AM 07-31-2013
THE NEW SEASON IS NEARLY UPON US!

Opening day: Saturday, 17 August, 2013

:-) :-) :-) :-)

While kicking around Cigar Asylum I've noticed the avatars, the sig lines, etc. I know there are some fútbol fans on here. I figured I'd start a thread where we could chat about it. Who do you support? What are your thoughts on, or hopes for your club in the coming season? Let's air it all here. Rumors, grudges, all of it. It's getting close! Can't wait! :-)
[Reply]
markem 09:55 AM 07-31-2013
Oh heck, let's start an MSL, UEFA, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Mexicali and all the rest banter thread as well.

Sorry, but the number of multiple highly specific threads that people are starting here when one generic thread would do, well, it's starting to be annoying. Nothing against you, you just happened to be the straw that met my camel's back.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:04 AM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
The number of multiple highly specific threads that people are starting here when one generic thread would do, well, it's starting to be annoying.
Wow. Way to suck the fun out of a thing. You think all soccer leagues and competitions should be covered in one thread? That's nuts.
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 10:07 AM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
Oh heck, let's start an MSL, UEFA, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Mexicali and all the rest banter thread as well.

Sorry, but the number of multiple highly specific threads that people are starting here when one generic thread would do, well, it's starting to be annoying. Nothing against you, you just happened to be the straw that met my camel's back.
Did he break a forum rule? No? Then why stress about it? Don't read the flipping thread if it ain't in your wheelhouse.
[Reply]
Gabe215 10:14 AM 07-31-2013
Love this thread, DIE HARD LIVERPOOL FAN!!! Have actually been thinking about starting an EPL fantasy league. YNWA
[Reply]
ColdCuts 01:35 PM 07-31-2013
Gabe, thanks for getting us back on track -- Liverpool fan notwithstanding :-)

As for my club, it'll be fascinating to see how Manchester United performs under David Moyes. We knew Sir Alex would one day go, but it's strange now that he's gone. Seemed he'd always be leading us to victory. And, of course, I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for us MU fans. Far from it. To be sure, we've had our share of success. And, for the time being anyway, it's still Ferguson's team. But, it's hard to imagine Moyes -- or anybody -- could ever achieve anything like what Sir Alex has done. David Moyes sure has his work cut out for him. Jeez Louise, can you imagine the pressure?? His predacessor was, few would argue, the best manager in the history of the sport. Those're the biggest boots to fill. Of all time. Ever. Obviously, as a United fan, I'm on the edge of my seat. Here's hoping Moyes continues our tradition of winning.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 02:20 PM 07-31-2013
I am an Everton FC fan and don't have the highest hopes for this season. I'll be happy to see them in the middle of the table.

It will be interesting to see Moyes at the helm of MU. I think the success he's had at Everton, given their roster and financial status, proves that he is a great manager. No doubt that Ferguson was was the best, but I think MU is in good hands.
[Reply]
Gabe215 03:04 PM 07-31-2013
Dave with a squad like that, Cmon man Moyes will do well!! Until my reds stomp a hole in them!!
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 03:35 PM 07-31-2013
I have no clue how Chelsea will do this season. Should be interesting with the new manager, but besides that I have no idea what's going on with the club right now. I haven't paid attention to football news in quite a while, so I have no idea what's going on lol.
On a related note, I'll be in St Louis to see the Real Madrid v Inter Milan match. Seats are about 6 rows off the pitch. :-)
[Reply]
DMK 04:21 PM 07-31-2013
Man U For EVER !!:-)

Looking forward to the season openers.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:57 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Dave with a squad like that, Cmon man Moyes will do well!! Until my reds stomp a hole in them!!
Haha. Well, you're gonna get a crack at it very early on...

Sunday, September 1, 2013
8:30 AM ET | Anfield

LIVERPOOL
VS
MANCHESTER UNITED

We shall see. We shall see. :-)

[Reply]
pnoon 09:01 PM 07-31-2013
I'll be dialed in for that one.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:17 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
I have no clue how Chelsea will do this season. Should be interesting with the new manager, but besides that I have no idea what's going on with the club right now. I haven't paid attention to football news in quite a while, so I have no idea what's going on lol.
On a related note, I'll be in St Louis to see the Real Madrid v Inter Milan match. Seats are about 6 rows off the pitch. :-)
With José Mourinho back in charge, Chelsea will do well. Mourinho is such a fascinating character. His ego is unparalleled. But he's got the talent, and the silverware, to back it up. Will be fun to watch. :-)

ManUtd go head to head with Chelsea Monday, August 26th, 3:00 PM ET at Old Trafford. :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:09 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:

ManUtd go head to head with Chelsea Monday, August 26th, 3:00 PM ET at Old Trafford. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:27 AM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'll be dialed in for that one.
THERE he is! I hoped a few mentions of Liverpool would bring pnoon around. :-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 11:53 PM 08-05-2013
I have now painstakingly entered each and every league match, with converted kickoff time, into the calendar on my phone. That was super tedious, but necessary. Why is there no app for that? :-) Now, there's a million-dollar idea right there.
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:49 PM 08-10-2013
Less than 7 days
YNWA
[Reply]
pnoon 10:32 PM 08-10-2013
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Less than 7 days
YNWA
:-)

Hopefully an easy opener with Stoke
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:21 PM 08-10-2013
Curious to hear how everyone became a fan of their respective clubs....
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:23 PM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Curious to hear how everyone became a fan of their respective clubs....
I'm curious as well...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 23 > Last »
Up