Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 23
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Resipsa 12:41 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Yeah, but we haven't played any real teams though, so it doesn't count. :-) :-)
Wow and w thought you didn't understand, LOL

I'll leave u in peace, I'd hate to disturb the company line. Carry on
[Reply]
DBall 01:29 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Wow and w thought you didn't understand, LOL

I'll leave u in peace, I'd hate to disturb the company line. Carry on
I get what you're saying, Vic... but you gotta remember... I'm a Jets fan. We don't historically do good... in general. You can't blame a guy for being happy when we're not sucking.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:21 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
That play was the very reason they came up with the "uncatchable ball" ruling. did the defender touch Holmes face mask? Undisputed. Did Holmes have any chance of catching that dead duck of a pass? Not in this ****ing lifetime, LOL

Holmes was falling backward, away from the ball and the defender had inside positioning. He was never going to catch that lame ass throw, and to just hand the Jets a first down inside the five when it was fourth and what 19?, is inexcusable.
Damn, Vic, I must have been watching a different game than you. Not only did that "dead duck" land in his hands, despite the fact that the facemask had turned his head around, but even the announcers stated that "he almost caught it anyway". Was the foul intentional? Maybe not, and had it been limited to the contact that occurred before the ball got there, it might have fairly been ruled as incidental (and might not have, either). But the facemask, intentional or not, is a major personal foul, even if it happens at the line of scrimmage. For it to happen on a long pass play for a potential winning TD late in the game . . . well, you have to call it. OK, you don't like it, and it pi$$es you, and the Bronco fans, off. Yet you should be able to admit that, had the foul NOT been called, the Jets would have had much more reason to be pi$$ed.

I repeat, I am not a Jets fan. And I can't disagree with your points about Sancez stinking up Mile High last night. He played like crap. And yes, the Jets pulled one outta their a$$ . . . hey, everybody gets one, now and then. But Denver had their shot, and didn't do it. They got the ball back with both time and time-outs. Orton was moving them downfield, but twice on sideline completions his receivers failed to get out of bounds to stop the clock. This forced Orton to rush the offense, which may have contributed to the bad snap, with DID lead to the fumble, which ended the game.

Suck it up. The Jets won, fair and square. Move on. Just my :-), and worth every penny.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:02 PM 10-31-2010
This thread is awfully quiet today.:-)

Where's Vic?
[Reply]
DBall 02:08 PM 10-31-2010
Painful.......................................... :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:11 PM 10-31-2010
:-)

[Reply]
EricF 02:21 PM 10-31-2010
Just pitiful! Shutout at home!
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:39 PM 10-31-2010
I certainly wouldn't have bet on our (Pack) beat up defense shutting anyone out, but I'll take it. Hopefully we can meet again in the SB.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:08 PM 10-31-2010
16 for 38, for 256 yards, with two interceptions and no touchdowns.

Not trying to trash but just going back to the points raised by Vic about Sanchez.

Green Bay does not have that type of stellar defense that should have stopped Sanchez like this.

Something noted by a Fox commentator as they were doing the replays of the game, he said "Jets 3rd and 8 (this was with around 4 minutes left)".
He went on to say this is not where the Jets want to be with this QB.

As a NY fan first, I feel for the Jets. I truly do.
I think today should put some doubt that Sanchez is your star.
If he is, he is certainly taking way too long to shine.
[Reply]
ujponds 05:09 PM 10-31-2010
Bad day for Jets football, especially after a bye.

I'm glad I had to miss the game for my boy's birthday and first Halloween.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:37 AM 11-01-2010
Why the hell couldn't you do us a favor and beat the Cheezits yesterday? :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:02 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Why the hell couldn't you do us a favor and beat the Cheezits yesterday? :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 02:12 PM 11-07-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA
[Reply]
Blueface 02:19 PM 11-07-2010
Come on guys!!!
Where are all the fans?
They are headed for overtime.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:28 PM 11-07-2010
Congrats on the comeback win.
[Reply]
EricF 02:31 PM 11-07-2010
1st place! Oh Yeah!
[Reply]
ujponds 03:53 PM 11-07-2010
Another UGLY win!!! Keep 'em coming!. . . Hahaha Sanchez SUX!!!
[Reply]
ujponds 07:49 PM 11-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Come on guys!!!
Where are all the fans?
They are headed for overtime.
I turn off my phone, computer and any other disturbance until the game is over.
[Reply]
DBall 07:17 AM 11-08-2010
I missed the entire game yesterday... I am assuming it was painful even though it was a win, right?

Oh well... as long as they play good when (if) they make it to post season.
[Reply]
ujponds 08:28 AM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
I missed the entire game yesterday... I am assuming it was painful even though it was a win, right?

Oh well... as long as they play good when (if) they make it to post season.
It wasn't pretty. They looked like they did last week, like it was a scrimmage or something. The important thing is the W and with the Pats loss we're back in 1st.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 23
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Up