Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 195
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Discussion>Whats in your bowl?
Curly Cut 04:00 PM 02-12-2009
Old Gowrie in a Mastr de Paja rusticated horn.
[Reply]
Big D KC 09:11 PM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by WWhermit:
An excellent baccy!

WWhermit
:-)

Agreed! Decided I needed to spend some relax time with this one instead of driving! As Frenchy himself said in his pipetalk podcast interview about it: "whew sunza-*****ez thats good!"

I'm having another bowl in a new cob right now! This is very good tobacco. I think a pound of this will be in the next order for sure!
[Reply]
WWhermit 10:27 AM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by Big D KC:
Agreed! Decided I needed to spend some relax time with this one instead of driving! As Frenchy himself said in his pipetalk podcast interview about it: "whew sunza-*****ez thats good!"

I'm having another bowl in a new cob right now! This is very good tobacco. I think a pound of this will be in the next order for sure!
It comes dry as it is, seems almost too dry. I read, however, that if you let it dry even more, say 30 minutes, before packing, the taste of whiskey really comes out. Tis true, it adds another depth of flavor.

WWhermit
[Reply]
Curly Cut 12:10 PM 02-13-2009
ACP "Curly Cut" (the weird in house sampler tin i found on ebay from '97) in the rad davis. i love this tobacco, only have a couple bowls left.
[Reply]
Big D KC 02:46 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by WWhermit:
It comes dry as it is, seems almost too dry. I read, however, that if you let it dry even more, say 30 minutes, before packing, the taste of whiskey really comes out. Tis true, it adds another depth of flavor.

WWhermit
I'll have to try that! Honestly like you mentioned it's pretty much ready to smoke moisture wise as it comes! I wouldn't have thought about drying it more.. I would think it would get crispy!!

And once again, this is today's transit smoke! Can't seem to get enough of it. HOWEVER, for the first time I have had an example of how a tobacco's flavors can be articulated by the pipe it is smoked in. Today I am having my transit bowl in a Mario Grandi nosewarmer (pot), while still good tobacco, it's not near as flavorful as it was in the hilson (bent brandy) I smoked it in yesterday! Very interesting to me as I had not as of yet experienced this..
[Reply]
JaKaacH 05:18 PM 02-13-2009
Some bulk tobacco from Outlaw Cigar store in KC. In a Butz Choquin.
I think they called it Crown Achievement.

Started out a little harsh, but I set down for about a half hour now its smoking great.
[Reply]
Requiem 07:25 PM 02-13-2009
Rattray's night.
Black Mallory in a Peterson billiard right now, Red Rapparee in a Savinneli 320 after.
[Reply]
Requiem 07:36 PM 02-14-2009
Tonight I had FVF and am smoking St. James Flake right now.
Something has to be wrong with my FVF tin, as it been tasting harsh and ashy while St. James shows wonderfull sweet Virginias... reviews say the virginias are the same, so my FVF isnīt as good as it should be.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:29 PM 02-14-2009
HOTW in a K. Huhn tulip

Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Some bulk tobacco from Outlaw Cigar store in KC. In a Butz Choquin.
I think they called it Crown Achievement.

Started out a little harsh, but I set down for about a half hour now its smoking great.
next time you're at outlaw, ask them if it's a "Lane's" bulk blend. they use to have a very popular tinned blend called "crown achievement", which was a strong latakia english blend (to me it was).
[Reply]
JaKaacH 09:08 PM 02-14-2009
Early Morning Pipe right now in a pipe just marked Holland.

Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
HOTW in a K. Huhn tulip

next time you're at outlaw, ask them if it's a "Lane's" bulk blend. they use to have a very popular tinned blend called "crown achievement", which was a strong latakia english blend (to me it was).
This seemed like a mild latakia.
[Reply]
BigFrank 11:00 AM 02-15-2009
H and H AJ's VaPer thanks to Derek, and yes its good.
[Reply]
KazzTheMurse 12:02 PM 02-15-2009
glad you like our H&H :-)

Started out the day with some Georgia Peach

Moved on to Butternut Burley

and just finished with some Egg Nog :-)
[Reply]
morefifemusic 12:32 PM 02-15-2009
Blind tasting test comparing HOTW and Old Gowrie.
[Reply]
BigFrank 03:11 PM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by KazzTheMurse:
glad you like our H&H :-)

Started out the day with some Georgia Peach

Moved on to Butternut Burley

and just finished with some Egg Nog :-)
yea i enjoy it much plus with the price its a win win

butternut buryley is good too!:-)
[Reply]
KazzTheMurse 06:26 PM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
yea i enjoy it much plus with the price its a win win

butternut buryley is good too!:-)
I've decided that its my current bulk favorite!

Next to Annie Kake of course :-) :-)
[Reply]
ultramag 06:35 PM 02-15-2009
Some Stokkebye's LBF in a Ser Jacopo hawkbill.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:54 PM 02-15-2009
Peterson University in a Savinelli Canadian Sandblast

and

McClelland Dark Star in my personally made churchwarden
[Reply]
Spearl 09:12 PM 02-15-2009
1 part Prince Albert to 1 part McClelland 5100 Red Cake in a Calabresi straight billiard.
[Reply]
Requiem 09:34 PM 02-15-2009
Squadron Leader, in a Pete billiard.
[Reply]
Nick 09:59 PM 02-15-2009
About to have some butternut burley in the truck on the way to my girls house.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 195
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Up