Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread
363 02:21 PM 06-03-2012
Originally Posted by Big Bert:
363 looks like you got more sticks than me :-) we are going to have a blast at filling this babies up :-)

haha I might, agreed on having a blast:-):-)
[Reply]
RickH 11:26 PM 06-16-2012
Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I have been reading a lot of threads. Thanks for all of the info, especially on wineadors.

History:
I used a desktop humidor.
The humidity was fine, but it stayed at over 80 degf for a large portion of the day where my cigars are located.
I saw the wineador threads and my journey began.

Being the thrifty person I am, I found a compressor version of a Vinotemp for $30 at a local second hand shop. It was okay, but condensation was hard to deal with.

I bought a Vinotemp 28 from Home Depot for $319.
Let it air out for a couple of week using baking soda and smell is gone.
I bought beads from Heartfelt.
I also bought a Hydra SM Humidifier and three fans from Heartfelt.
And, I ordered Shelfs from a member.
Being a few weeks out on shelf/drawer delivery, I needed temporary shelves.
I bought three plastic food cutting boards from a local overstock place.
Cut them down to size.
Then, I screwed a Hydra SM Humidifier fan into the back of each shelf.
I installed the shelves and hooked up the fans which only operate when the Hydra SM Humidifier comes on, and put the beads and cigars in.
I ran the power for the Hydra SM Humidifier through the Vinotemp drain by cutting the wire and reconnecting the cord outside the Vinotemp.
A little trick that I used the get the wire trough the existing drain: Cutting about 2 feet of nylon string, I stuffed about one inch of the string down the drain from the inside and blew compressed air through the drain, again, from the inside. The string came shooting out the back of the unit in less than a second. Used the string to pull the cord through from the inside out.
It should look nicer when I get the Spanish cedar shelves/drawers.
Here is the result.

Please tell me anything that looks wrong to you. I absolutely will NOT be offended by any criticism. I want to do it right.
And, feel free to ask any questions.

The shown inventory includes:
Partagas Spanish Rosado
Macanudo Cafe
Padilla Habano
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real
Gurkha Grand Reverse (cognac infused)
Alex Bradley Tempest
Tampa Humidor Factory Throwouts (for golf course)

I WILL be adding more.

[Reply]
hostile 07:07 AM 06-17-2012
Might want to think about cutting slots in the cutting boards to help airflow
[Reply]
RickH 07:22 AM 06-17-2012
These are temporary for this wineador, but I will be moving them to the cheap compressor Vinotemp that I mentioned above. Good idea. Thanks.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:47 AM 06-17-2012
How many pounds of beads is that in there? Looks like 3-4 pounds?
[Reply]
Big Bert 12:42 PM 06-17-2012
looks neat. Great start, i'm sure you'll get plenty of advice but i'll leave it to the more experienced folk...
[Reply]
RickH 03:04 PM 06-17-2012
Two pounds of 65% beads plus an electronic humidifier set om 65%.
[Reply]
TJarv 03:07 PM 06-17-2012
My Newair should be here tomorrow
[Reply]
Bleez 08:32 AM 06-20-2012
Saved my change in a jar for a few months and Coinstar'ed it into an Amazon GC. My New Air AW280-E just arrived! I'm super pumped to get this thing seasoned and my few sticks in there. I can't wait! This thread is going to be very helpful.

Thanks for the inspiration and ideas. Pics to follow...eventually...
[Reply]
RickH 08:46 AM 06-20-2012
Just a quick update.
The RH has settled in at 65% - 67% per three different hydrometers and 65 degrees F.
I am happy with the results.
Can't wait for those Spanish Cedar shelves!
[Reply]
Big Bert 01:14 PM 06-20-2012
Nice, are you only getting the shelves or you gonna get the drawers as well?
[Reply]
RickH 11:29 AM 06-28-2012
Drawers AND shelves.
[Reply]
KeithK 06:52 PM 07-10-2012
You guys all suck, lmao!! I just joined yesterday and already ordered me a new air 280. Ha ha. Gonna be a slow process but no immediate gradification in cigars right. So question for falcon man. I think im gonna copy your set up sorry but its so badass i cant help my self. Are those trays you use the 12 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 2 1/4 trays from cheap humidor??? Is that the right size. And how much space is back there. Would it be worth it to go thrugolfnut and get his deeper trays??? Would i still have room for beads/kl in back with his or no???? Thanks though super pumped to give this a whirl
[Reply]
gg48gg 12:12 AM 07-16-2012
Hi, Can someone please tell me what trays these are? They are great looking! Nice stash too!

Originally Posted by issues:
Couple of months old so the few spaces seen are now filled. :-)

[Reply]
Glgist 12:08 PM 07-17-2012
Image[IMG]

[Reply]
KeithK 03:04 AM 07-19-2012
Nice!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^ :-)
[Reply]
backwoods357 05:36 PM 07-19-2012
Awesome setup! Is that in your kitchen or is that a wetbar? I would kill to get a setup like that put together in a mancave or home theater.
[Reply]
MrWolf55 08:05 AM 07-20-2012

Love that set up! Whenever I get around to getting a wineador put together I want to put it in my kitchen. I think it looks really classy that way. Plus anytime you have company by you can show off your collection :-)
[Reply]
Glgist 08:32 PM 07-29-2012
It's installed in a wetbar in the basement/mancave. I even had a dedicated electric outlet installed in the space it was installed but have never plugged it in. Being in the basement, temps have always been just fine. It's been installed for almost 2 years. Temps are always perfectly stable, plus or minus 1 degree from 68 F.
[Reply]
363 07:38 PM 09-09-2012
Just had to play Tetris to get it all to fit. Most of the boxes are full of singles.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up