Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Crushed.
Wolfgang 08:19 PM 07-01-2010
I know quite a few members her have gone through a divorce or breakup at some time in their dating careers.
Which brings me to my dilema. After 3 years my Girlfriend and I have broken up. I dont know if its for good or anything like that. I know I am young (almost 22) but the heavy heart and feeling of extreme loss is real all the same. What are your experiences with getting past someone that was such an integral part of your life for so long?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. (but dont be a D!ck)
[Reply]
Samsquanch 08:24 PM 07-01-2010
Sorry brother, been there. The only thing that helped is time. There were times when it seemed like I'd never get over her but I did and I found the woman who put all the rest to shame. Oh and a little whiskey helped as well :-)
[Reply]
md4958 08:26 PM 07-01-2010
As one chapter of your life ends, another begins. Youre devastated now, but in a couple years you'll be wanting to send her a fruit basket for doing you the favor.

Keep your chin up, everything happens for a reason.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:33 PM 07-01-2010
I have no words of wisdom, but I do hope that this turns out to be a blessing for you in the future.
[Reply]
G G 08:40 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I have no words of wisdom, but I do hope that this turns out to be a blessing for you in the future.
Same here.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:41 PM 07-01-2010
So far I like the whiskey idea best. :-) Im moving away too so that will help too.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:50 PM 07-01-2010
Listen brother. Number one, don't dwell. It's dangerous. Keep your head up and always look on the bright side of things. If you can believe that everything happens for a reason then your good to go and ahead of the game.

I'm sure this isn't your first girlfriend. Maybe first of three years, maybe she did things for you the previous wouldn't but the fact remains if the last relationship didn't end then this one would not have started.

Spend your time doing things you like. 22? Cigars, video games, music, fireworks, friends, family, bowling. Whatever.

Take down her picture man, looking at it does nothing for you. Close the book, throw it on the shelf and open yourself a new one. An interesting one. Sometimes, change is good!

Feel better brother. If you need anything, let me know.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:16 PM 07-01-2010
I hear you. Thanks for the tip. Having the support of an entire family here just made things a little easier to take.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:16 PM 07-01-2010
Life is too short. Don't get too upset. While one door may close, one always opens:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:58 PM 07-01-2010
This place. Seriously. Couldn't have slogged through it without these knuckle heads.

Biggest mistake for me was becoming a hermit. Herfs got me out of the house.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:00 PM 07-01-2010
I am moving to Tampa so Ill be able to hang out with all the guys up there and a school with atleast 20,000 students should pep me up.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:02 PM 07-01-2010
Sorry to hear that Mark, here's to quick healing and what lies ahead. I'm here (as I would imagine many others are) if you need and ear brother.
[Reply]
Lear31MX 10:10 PM 07-01-2010
Sorry to hear the bad news. IMO good freinds and time will make it hurt less and less.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:10 PM 07-01-2010
Thanks Al I may take you up on that.

Time takes too long.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:24 PM 07-01-2010
Last time I went through this was college... when dinosaurs ruled the earth. :-)

Girl I had asked to marry me - dumped me... after I drove 14 hours home to see her... had just given her an expensive gift... on Christmas Eve. Man that sucked! :-)

I moped for three days... tried to win her back... wrote her a card and left it on her car. No response. :-)

I was ticked... decided to ask out a girl I had known for years that liked me. We saw each other every day until I went back to school.

Started dating another girl when I got back to school... and I have been married to her for over 26 years.

I am so glad that the relationship with the first girl ended when it did - or the timing would not have been right otherwise. Hurt at the time, but not for too long.

If your old girlfriend wants to spend her life with you, she will figure it out. But if she really isn't sure... then you are better off to find out now. Hurts now - but would hurt even more later if you had gotten even deeper involved.

Praying for you, Mark. You have much to look forward to! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:03 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
I am moving to Tampa so Ill be able to hang out with all the guys up there and a school with atleast 20,000 students should pep me up.
Go hang out with TripleF... Scott will fix you right up! :-)

Maybe he has a daughter... :-)
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 11:17 PM 07-01-2010
Dang Mark sorry to hear.

Herfing with us will probably help :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:21 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Maybe he has a daughter... :-)
He does but I highly doubt hed let a wild man like me meet her lol
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:27 PM 07-01-2010
I definitely need to occupy myself to keep from thinking of her.
[Reply]
Chingas 11:32 PM 07-01-2010
Smoke a cigar and rewatch your favorite movie.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Up