Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Favorite small cigar?
AD720 04:44 PM 07-02-2009
I'm a big fan of the small cigar, 4 x30ish is the perfect size for before dinner or grilling a couple quick burgers for dinner.

For slightly bigger cigars I really like the Oliva Special G and the Arturo Feunte Short Story (the short story is tough on the wallet though) but sometimes I want something even quicker.

I'm loving the Arturo Fuente Cubanitos, especially the maduro. I'm also liking the H. Upmann Demitasse and (laugh if you will) Macanudo Ascots, which were what really got me into cigars.

I'm looking to grab a couple more tins - anyone else have a small cigar they are really digging?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:45 PM 07-02-2009
I agree with you on the Special Gs and Short Stories....but that is as small as I have ever gone!
[Reply]
AD720 04:47 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I agree with you on the Special Gs and Short Stories....but that is as small as I have ever gone!
I'm glad you are liking the Special G's, that was a good box split. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:48 PM 07-02-2009
Others I like include:

JR Ultimate Habanitos
R&J Romeos
Hoyo Sabrosas

and for dry-cured you can just stick in your shirt pocket for whenever, Villiger Exports ain't bad at all.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:49 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I'm glad you are liking the Special G's, that was a good box split. :-)
Indeed it was...a great quick smoke. I go to them often!:-)
[Reply]
AD720 04:51 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Others I like include:

JR Ultimate Habanitos
R&J Romeos
Hoyo Sabrosas

and for dry-cured you can just stick in your shirt pocket for whenever, Villiger Exports ain't bad at all.
Oh man, I tried one of those recently and really, really did not like it! I have one more so I'll try it again at some point when I'm feeling brave but it tasted almost like it was flavored.
[Reply]
kydsid 04:54 PM 07-02-2009
Short Stories and JR Habanitos. I tell you the trouble I went through to find a box of short stories recently was amazing. Why do you all have to like them so much.
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:54 PM 07-02-2009
Love the Short Stories and Special G's. How about the Illusione 68? Another one that can put a hurt on the wallet, but is definitely tasty.

Not quite as small, but a good value is the Punch Champion.

In the PC size, I'm a big fan of the Tatuaje Noella.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:55 PM 07-02-2009
Oh man, I tried one of those recently and really, really did not like it! I have one more so I'll try it again at some point when I'm feeling brave but it tasted almost like it was flavored.
I've heard mixed reviews about the Villagers. I hear the maduros are better than the naturals, but I dont think I'll be trying any any time soon as I dont tinhk there are any local shops carry them here. I'll have to try and find them elsewhere.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:55 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Love the Short Stories and Special G's. How about the Illusione 68? Another one that can put a hurt on the wallet, but is definitely tasty.

Not quite as small, but a good value is the Punch Champion.

In the PC size, I'm a big fan of the Tatuaje Noella.
+1 on the Punch Champion...all though it is a good deal longer to smoke!
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 04:55 PM 07-02-2009
Some Pepin smokes come to mind for me.

The Black Label Perlas, the Blue Label Demi Tasse. You also have the Petite Cabaiguan and Tatuaje, which taste great, but they're pretty pricey for small smokes.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:58 PM 07-02-2009
Hardly a day goes by when I don't smoke at least a 5 pack of Montecristo Puritos.

I love those things and always have a few in my front pocket at work.

The Partagas Chicos are good, but not as as the Puritos for my tastes.
[Reply]
AD720 04:59 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Others I like include:

JR Ultimate Habanitos
R&J Romeos
Hoyo Sabrosas
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Short Stories and JR Habanitos. I tell you the trouble I went through to find a box of short stories recently was amazing. Why do you all have to like them so much.
That's two for the Habanitos. Do you guys have a preference for the maduro or natural?

Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
Some Pepin smokes come to mind for me.

The Black Label Perlas, the Blue Label Demi Tasse. You also have the Petite Cabaiguan and Tatuaje, which taste great, but they're pretty pricey for small smokes.
I was looking at the Petite Tats but you are right - that's about 5 times what I'm looking to spend on a cigar that size. I do have one Blue Label DT that I got in a box pass a while back but even they are a little on the pricey side for such a tiny cigar.

Originally Posted by floydpink:
Hardly a day goes by when I don't smoke at least a 5 pack of Montecristo Puritos.

I love those things and always have a few in my front pocket at work.

The Partagas Chicos are good, but not as as the Puritos for my tastes.
I have a box of the Chicos and I'm not over the moon for them, I'll look into the Montes. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 05:01 PM 07-02-2009
los statos delerios...cheap and imho :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:02 PM 07-02-2009
That's two for the Habanitos. Do you guys have a preference for the maduro or natural?

I was looking at the Petite Tats but you are right - that's about 5 times what I'm looking to spend on a cigar that size. I do have one Blue Label DT that I got in a box pass a while back but even they are a little on the pricey side for such a tiny cigar.
:-)

~$3 per seems a little steep

blackcat cigars has a nice deal on the black label perlas, still about $3 a stick when you factor in shipping and that they're only 20 to a box
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:06 PM 07-02-2009
Short Stories and DP Firecrackers!!!
[Reply]
AD720 05:06 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I've heard mixed reviews about the Villagers. I hear the maduros are better than the naturals, but I dont think I'll be trying any any time soon as I dont tinhk there are any local shops carry them here. I'll have to try and find them elsewhere.
I got them at my local B&M, next time I'm in if they still some I'll grab a couple for you. Don't hold me responsible for the result though. :-)

Originally Posted by Mugen910:
los statos delerios...cheap and imho :-)
Those are pretty darn good for the price too!
[Reply]
kydsid 05:07 PM 07-02-2009
I am a whore for anything maduro.

Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
:-)

~$3 per seems a little steep

blackcat cigars has a nice deal on the black label perlas, still about $3 a stick when you factor in shipping and that they're only 20 to a box
Ya. And to think I was happy when I scored a box of Stories for $4.60 a stick.

I just try not to think about the size. It isn't the size of the stick it's the taste in my mouth.
[Reply]
AD720 05:10 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I am a whore for anything maduro.

Ya. And to think I was happy when I scored a box of Stories for $4.60 a stick.

I just try not to think about the size. It isn't the size of the stick it's the taste in my mouth.
That's what she said. And for the record I don't consider the Short Story in the same class as the other "tinned" cigars I was talking about. That is a real cigar as far as I'm concerned.
[Reply]
darkninja67 05:16 PM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Short Stories and DP Firecrackers!!!
I like the cut of your jib.

Also Party Shorts for CCs
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up