crazyirishman 04:26 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
mattress dance
Classy! :-)
[Reply]
Hem 04:28 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
Classy! :-)
Hey if it works...DO IT! I don't think anything could get my wife to really accept my new little hobby. Only time will tell :-)
[Reply]
44stampede 06:47 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
Got my shipment of the Gurkha Cigarnivore IV sampler in yesterday...bid on them before I found out that they were mostly hype. I hope I enjoy some of them, I'll post pics when I get home from....um..you know.
Dude, fell for the Gurhka hype as well. Got 35 stick of various ones. 25 of them are not great (not the worst thing Ive smoked). Ever since I have been on here I have learned a lot about good and great.

You're not alone!
[Reply]
kenstogie 12:20 PM 01-20-2012
My latest CIGARBID winnings/purchases

***A. Fernandez Overruns Toro~ bundle of 25
only had one of the 25 but nothing awesome, it was a gamble as I like so much of AJF's stuff

****San Miguel Toro/San Miguel Belicoso~5packs love these the robusto's seem to be the best out of all the sizes I've had.

****Torano Exodus '50 Years' Torpedo Single, sitting in my humi

****La Herencia Cub. Osc. Fuerte Toro, 2 singles, bought a box of these a year ago and was great these 2 singles, are just ok to good not great.

****Sol Cubano Cuban Cab. 'A' [bx/3] Love the SCCC's

****Padilla Black Bear- 5 Pack another gamble, looked great but are more mild than I'd thought.

****Cabaiguan Petite Cabaiguan - 5 pack had a coulple great Cabaiguan

****Obsidian Mini Corona - 5 Pack like these alot in the robusto/toro size so took a shot on these.

****Felipe II Fat-Boy Extra~ this was the cheapest 5 pack out of all of them and was probably the best. go figure.
[Reply]
Hem 12:24 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Dude, fell for the Gurhka hype as well. Got 35 stick of various ones. 25 of them are not great (not the worst thing Ive smoked). Ever since I have been on here I have learned a lot about good and great.

You're not alone!
Haha glad to hear it. Just wish I had spent a little bit more time on the forums before I ran off to the devil site. Oh well, you live and you learn. Now I take advice from the veterans before I pick up anything :-)
[Reply]
Tredegar 12:41 PM 01-20-2012
I have almost given up on CBid. They just are not putting up the cigars I like at all.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:42 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
My latest CIGARBID winnings/purchases

****Padilla Black Bear- 5 Pack another gamble, looked great but are more mild than I'd thought.

****Felipe II Fat-Boy Extra~ this was the cheapest 5 pack out of all of them and was probably the best. go figure.
I got a 5er of the Black Bears too, haven't tried one yet, didn't know they were mild.....oh well.

Curious about the Fat boys.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 02:51 PM 01-20-2012
Free fall isn't falling for me, I gotta refresh the page to get a new price.:-)

It definitely makes watching some of this stuff kind of a pain. :-)
[Reply]
jluck 10:18 PM 01-21-2012
I got another 5 pack for a buck! WOO HOO. more troop sticks! Lots of other goodies too! I told the wife that some of my winnings are going to service men/women and she gave my total Clarence! she actually said "start buying more" :-).....dangerous words there!:-)......

Pics to follow....(thursday's)
[Reply]
joeobx 10:55 AM 01-22-2012
Guys I just want to throw this out there. I know a few are new to C Bid and I was guilty of this also when I first started out.....do your home work. I went on last night and was interested in a few things until I saw the bids were within a couple of bucks (literally ) of CIs regular price. With free shipping they would be cheaper off the regular site. Now drunk bidding is a whole different story :-) :-)
[Reply]
jluck 11:27 AM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Guys I just want to throw this out there. I know a few are new to C Bid and I was guilty of this also when I first started out.....do your home work. I went on last night and was interested in a few things until I saw the bids were within a couple of bucks (literally ) of CIs regular price. With free shipping they would be cheaper off the regular site. Now drunk bidding is a whole different story :-) :-)
Yep, Thats how they make money. It happens alot! there was a sampler pack I wanted real bad so I max bid it about five dollars under the normal site price and it ended up selling for 6 dollars over!
[Reply]
crazyirishman 11:42 AM 01-22-2012
I started checking the Cigars International price as soon as I realized that Cigarbid was run by CI. =P
[Reply]
big pete 11:52 AM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Yep, Thats how they make money. It happens alot! there was a sampler pack I wanted real bad so I max bid it about five dollars under the normal site price and it ended up selling for 6 dollars over!
I see that on quite a few auctions. I always check prices before I bid
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:31 PM 01-22-2012
I've done this a few times, but nothing more than like a buck over what they cost. Lesson learned!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:06 PM 01-22-2012
Just got 5er of Graycliff Avelino Lara 80th Piratas for $20, they go for $75 on CI. Also have 5ers of Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robustos ($9) and Fonseca Arana Toros ($4). Two of my favorite smokes cheap. Love that place, of course my wife is going to kill me. I have some cutters and other stuff this week too...
[Reply]
schollianmj 02:33 PM 01-22-2012
Now drunk bidding is a whole different story :-) :-)
yea.... tell me about it.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:39 PM 01-22-2012
Snagged 2 (10) packs of Montecristo white #2s for $45 & $42.50. Not much of a mild cigar smoker but couldn't pass on that deal. They were on the free fall auction for a while!:-)
[Reply]
joeobx 02:40 PM 01-22-2012
Nice pick-up Mark

I try to put in my max bid by my 3rd or 4th beer now and the don't look until morning :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:58 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I got a 5er of the Black Bears too, haven't tried one yet, didn't know they were mild.....oh well.

Curious about the Fat boys.
loved the FG Fatboys and at $7 for a 5ver go for it. Black bears weren't bad just not all that great either. Both me and my buddy said the same about them. YMMV of course.
[Reply]
Hem 08:22 PM 01-24-2012
Got my first shipment ever in from Cbid today to begin my hobby :-). Wife was less than pleased when UPS made the drop off as she was reminded of the money spent lol. This is the beginning of the end I believe :-)
Attached: photo (1).jpg (108.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up