Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>E.P. Carrillo Maduro Monumentos
MajorCaptSilly 09:53 AM 09-26-2012
I scored a box of these on C-Bid for 73 bucks. That's like half price. These are a big cigar 7x56. Bigger than I normally would buy, but the price was too good to pass.

As usual, CI ships their stuff so wet that I let them sit outside the humidor for a few days then a couple weeks in the humidor before trying one.

I was pretty dissapointed at these before lighting. The roll wasn't very good and the wrapper was not glued at the edges. The wrapper was pretty mottled looking and it felt mushy and underfilled.

I lit up this big boy and was not impressed with the first few puffs. I got a generic maduro cigar taste out of the first inch.

As the smoke progressed, so did my enjoyment of the cigar. The smoke became quite voluminous and heavy. The flavor went from generic to a rich earth and chocolate flavor. Just enough spice to keep it interesting. The flavor intestified at the halfway point. It became a little more woodsy as the smoke progressed.

I had some burn issues and it started unravelling just after the halfway point. I hope the other sticks in box are rolled better because this was a great cigar. I just don't have the patience to keep these from falling apart in my hands.

MCS
[Reply]
Ogre 11:59 AM 09-26-2012
7x56??? Not for me thanks.
[Reply]
Catfish 05:38 PM 09-26-2012
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:46 PM 09-26-2012
Thanks for the review. These have been on my try list.
[Reply]
omowasu 07:16 PM 09-30-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
7x56??? Not for me thanks.
That size stogie is a bit big for me too... That said, I have liked EP Carillos smaller stogies, they usually pack a great punch and have some good flavors.
[Reply]
Brlesq 07:55 PM 09-30-2012
The E.P. Carrillo Maduro's are one of my favorites. But the Monumentos are too fat for my liking. I've scored the Club 52's a few times on CBid @ 10 for $32.70
[Reply]
Up