Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 35
< 123 4513 > Last »
General Discussion>Second Firearm Thread...
Weelok 12:00 AM 12-28-2015
Thought I would post my ridiculous gun safe in this thread. Guns later. CCW holder in California and CA law requires you to trigger lock or put in a safe your firearms that your currentry not using which generally means under your control. So if I'm going to have to buy something, might as well be useful.

I spent a bunch of time looking around and bang for buck seemed Sturdy Safe was pretty good and it supports a California business that manufactures the safes on site.

I went with the Model 3224 with the 4 AWG body upgrade. It was quite a bit cheaper last year but prices go up in CA faster then most places but 4 AWG steel safes at this price in the US are hard to find. No fire wall as you will see and that saved me a lot of money. I figure go home insurance if I get a fire as none of my weapons are collectibles.

Here is some pics:


Image

Image

I still need to plumb an outlet inside for a dehumidifier but using a large box of desiccant I picked up on Amazon right now as Sacramento is quite humid in the winter. Summer no big deal.
[Reply]
Brian D. 01:30 PM 12-28-2015
Us cigar and gun guys go to much fighting humidity. In our humidors we want a lot of it, but our safes must be desert dry. Guess it's always struck me funny that we spend money on both humidifying AND dehumidifying.
[Reply]
weedsnager 02:18 AM 12-29-2015
Did the safe come with lights ?
[Reply]
Weelok 04:27 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by weedsnager:
Did the safe come with lights ?
No, the safe does not and that would have been nice as it's DARK as hell with the black paint. After I plumb an outlet, I was going to put in an LED light string or something. It really needs it as it's a cave and my garage lighting stinks.

I need a new ballast in the overhead light fixture so some to do items.
[Reply]
weedsnager 06:02 PM 12-29-2015
I bought blue led strips and put them around the inside of the door frame and under the shelves, I then put them on a push button type switch that goes on when the door opens
[Reply]
Remo 05:35 PM 12-30-2015


Any Rock Island owners here? I think the Tac II with VZ grips is my next gun.
Attached:
[Reply]
Steve 05:04 PM 01-01-2016
Hot AND deadly Momma!

Image
[Reply]
Remo 12:29 PM 01-05-2016


I really love the look and feel of a 1911 but I just don't trust them with my life (I know some people swear by them and to each his own) but I still wanted a .45, well I went with a platform that I am familiar with so I ordered an M&P compact .45, should be here in a few days :-)
Attached:
[Reply]
Steve 12:49 PM 01-05-2016
Originally Posted by Remo:
Attachment 16419

I really love the look and feel of a 1911 but I just don't trust them with my life (I know some people swear by them and to each his own) but I still wanted a .45, well I went with a platform that I am familiar with so I ordered an M&P compact .45, should be here in a few days :-)
Looks about the same size as a Shield...hang on to it! :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:22 PM 01-05-2016
Originally Posted by Steve:
Looks about the same size as a Shield...hang on to it! :-)
Quite a bit bigger all around, should be a good shooter :-)
[Reply]
Steve 01:27 PM 01-05-2016
:-):-)

Without a hand or something for reference, it looked small. After googling it I see said the blind man... :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 01:46 PM 01-05-2016
[IMG]Image[/IMG]

Put some new Talon Grips on my Baby! Love it.
[Reply]
Remo 05:01 PM 01-05-2016
Very cool Corey :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 09:07 AM 01-06-2016
Thanks Mike I love them it was really easy and not expensive at all. $20.00 to the door and took about 15 mins to put them on. I will be buying these for more of my pistols
[Reply]
bonjing 09:27 AM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Thought I would post my ridiculous gun safe in this thread. Guns later. CCW holder in California and CA law requires you to trigger lock or put in a safe your firearms that your currentry not using which generally means under your control. So if I'm going to have to buy something, might as well be useful.

I spent a bunch of time looking around and bang for buck seemed Sturdy Safe was pretty good and it supports a California business that manufactures the safes on site.

I went with the Model 3224 with the 4 AWG body upgrade. It was quite a bit cheaper last year but prices go up in CA faster then most places but 4 AWG steel safes at this price in the US are hard to find. No fire wall as you will see and that saved me a lot of money. I figure go home insurance if I get a fire as none of my weapons are collectibles.

Here is some pics:


Image

Image

I still need to plumb an outlet inside for a dehumidifier but using a large box of desiccant I picked up on Amazon right now as Sacramento is quite humid in the winter. Summer no big deal.
I have a sturdy myself and love it.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:07 PM 01-08-2016
Picked up a few since last time I posted on here. Here's a few…

Image

Image

Image
[Reply]
Brian D. 01:58 PM 01-09-2016
A good safe was likely the best gun-related purchase I ever made. Never had a break in at the house but have had strangers (contractors etc.) in my condo see the safe, perhaps took note it was bolted to the floor and thought better of coming back uninvited.
[Reply]
Remo 02:17 PM 01-09-2016
Awesome Hal :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 03:25 PM 01-09-2016
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
A good safe was likely the best gun-related purchase I ever made. Never had a break in at the house but have had strangers (contractors etc.) in my condo see the safe, perhaps took note it was bolted to the floor and thought better of coming back uninvited.
If you know it's there and you still attempt to rob the place….you got some balls. It's a 50/50 that you will live to see another day. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:42 PM 01-09-2016
Holy crap Hal. Nice collection. What's the middle one in the first pic?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 35
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up