Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Cheap Hotels/Airfare to Vegas
GHC_Hambone 11:19 PM 07-06-2010
I am graduating from college this December and so my family and I are looking to take a trip to Las Vegas for a few days in January. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on scoring some cheaper airfare or hotel rooms. One thing is we would like to stay on the strip so we don't have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!
[Reply]
poker 07:15 AM 07-07-2010
www.airfarewatchdog.com
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:29 AM 07-07-2010
try Bill's, center strip right across Ceasar's Palace. We paid less then $50 a night and the rooms were quite nice last year.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:16 AM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
I am graduating from college this December and so my family and I are looking to take a trip to Las Vegas for a few days in January. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on scoring some cheaper airfare or hotel rooms. One thing is we would like to stay on the strip so we don't have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!
If you go the week prior to Christmas, it is usually the cheapest time to travel to Vegas. And quietest as well, least crowded. Southwest Vacations has some of the best combo packages around (air plus hotel), you simply pick your travel dates and times and then hotel you want to stay at, they give you the best price around. But this depends if you are in the Southwest travel city.

Two other sites that give you great prices are www.vegas.com (air + hotel) and www.bestofvegas.com for hotel only.

I've stayed at Bally's (middle of the strip, easy access to everything) for less $500 for 4 days/3 nights for 2 people including air from Bay Area. And you can pay less depending on hotel, Bally's is a nice mid level one, there are more affordable options.

If you are planning to spend much time on the strip and decide to stay way off it to save money on hotel, calculate how much money you will spend on taxis to get to and from strip, in the end you may be better off staying at a decent place on the strip and save yourself time AND money.
[Reply]
J0eybb 11:36 AM 07-07-2010
Try priceline $50 a night 4 star hotel.

IP, Harrahs, even the Riviera are cheap and on the strip. Could stay at the gold coast, and party at the Palms and Rio everynight.
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 11:09 AM 07-08-2010
I was just in Vegas last week. $450 out the door for 4 days/3 nights, plane and hotel and pre-paid shuttle to/from hotel, stayed at MGM and included a $75 room credit for meals, services, etc at any MGM property. I booked thru my local travel agent. You may want to call a few agents and see what kind of deals they can work out for you.
[Reply]
J0eybb 11:37 AM 07-08-2010
Eat at Fiama at the MGM, and tip well.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:55 PM 07-08-2010
Just got back from a spur of the moment trip, we booked over the phone in the car on the way out and got MGM for $50...in the summer! Luxor is usualy cheap but you don't want to stay in the pyramid, you want the tower, the ventilation in the pyramid sucks. Planet Hollywood is mid strip and usualy pretty cheap and you usualy get a free bottle of booze a day with your room. Steer clear of the Excaliber, I don't think they've updated their rooms since the 80's. Aria has been running some pretty sick deals and they're going to have a hard time filling 3000+ rooms in the winter so it should only get better!

Kayak.com is choice for finding good airfare
[Reply]
Up