Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
Sports>Pacquiao-Mayweather bout gaining ground
icehog3 10:04 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

Fixed it for ya, Tom. :-)
They're fighting in San Diego, Adam? :-)
[Reply]
racerX 09:02 PM 04-28-2015
Crazy excited for Saturday night. Good clean fight with no drama other than the match that unfolds. Pretty please.
[Reply]
afranco 09:27 PM 04-28-2015
Im ready for the fight !!! Goooo manny
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:16 AM 04-29-2015
Need to figure out which bar(s) near my house will have the fight. I like Mayweather, but it would good to see him lose and make a re-match an even bigger deal (if possible).
[Reply]
kydsid 12:13 PM 04-29-2015
Well guess I got eat crow that this will never happen. Still not paying to watch a Mayweather fight though. I prefer to watch dancing at the ballet. :-)
[Reply]
racerX 12:30 PM 04-29-2015
I know big mouth is a dancer and I haven't paid for one of his fights in a long time either, but Freddie roach says they have a strategy. I'm going to my buddy's to smoke cigars and play some croquet. Then eat a big meal and watch this thing. I'll chip in and hope for a great fight. Maybe I'm a fool but I think Floyd has been ducking this guy for a reason. Man, I hope it's as good as I'm thinking it might be.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:23 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I prefer to watch dancing at the ballet. :-)
You prefer that to most anything is what I've heard , Jason. :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 01:48 PM 04-29-2015
While I hate Floyd I have to pull for the American, so go Money Team
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:50 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by racerX:
I know big mouth is a dancer and I haven't paid for one of his fights in a long time either, but Freddie roach says they have a strategy. I'm going to my buddy's to smoke cigars and play some croquet. Then eat a big meal and watch this thing. I'll chip in and hope for a great fight. Maybe I'm a fool but I think Floyd has been ducking this guy for a reason. Man, I hope it's as good as I'm thinking it might be.
A lot of thought that Floyd didn't want this fight to happen now either, he was making some pretty silly demands of Manny and Manny just agreed to them all, well not the 70 / 30 split or the 65 / 35 split but Manny did agree to 60 / 40 just to get it over with. I'd like to see Manny knock him the eff out, but we'll see.

I just heard the story about Manny running away from home when his family ate his pet dog, talk about growing up poor, I grew up poor but heck at least we had "dented cans" from the grocery store, we never had to eat one of the cats. :|
[Reply]
hammondc 02:23 PM 04-29-2015
I hope Manny destroys Mayweather
[Reply]
icehog3 02:39 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by czerbe:
While I hate Floyd I have to pull for the American, so go Money Team
I'd rather pull for a non-American who is a man of honor, than an American who is a complete POS. :-)

But hey, that's me. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:09 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by racerX:
Maybe I'm a fool but I think Floyd has been ducking this guy for a reason. Man, I hope it's as good as I'm thinking it might be.
I think the only reason is financial. If one thing Floyd knows how to do is make money...
[Reply]
kydsid 07:40 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I think the only reason is financial. If one thing Floyd knows how to do is make money...
Ya from what I heard $180 million even if he loses in the first round. I'd take a dive for that money. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:54 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Ya from what I heard $180 million even if he loses in the first round. I'd take a dive for that money. :-)
If Mayweather loses in a blockbuster fight of the ages; you can only imagine what re-match will bring in.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:54 PM 04-30-2015
Regardless of who wins, Vegas will be hopping and raking it in.

The MGM arena only holds around 16,000, but all 300,000 hotel rooms in the city are sold out this weekend. People just want to be here for it. The Riviera is closing forever in four days, but they're getting around $900 per room Friday and Saturday. It was reported the little hotels in Primm, about an hour away, were getting $150 a night instead of their usual $30-$40. If you can even find one, the cheapest seat way up in the nosebleed section is selling for over 4 grand. All the luxury boxes at the clubs are gone. Taxi companies are putting out extra cars. Airlines are staging larger planes than normal for their routes coming/leaving here.

I believe I'll be staying as far away from the Strip as I can this weekend.

I missed Woodstock too. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:58 PM 05-01-2015
Just channel surfing and ESPN is live at the weigh-in, I think they just said there are 16,000 in the area just for the weigh-in.

The gloves had to be sent from the manufacturer right to the NV athletic commission for inspection (72 hours ahead of time), the gloves are then locked up till the weigh-in when the fighters can finally try them on and they will mark them so everyone knows they are the same gloves (the fighters mark them), the gloves are then locked up until the fight.

Interesting the tricks fighters use to break down the gloves and try to move the pad away from the knuckles, supposedly the boxing commission will be looking out for that.

Manny uses Reyes gloves made for a puncher with less padding around the knuckles, Floyd uses pussie gloves made for someone with tender hands.. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:54 PM 05-01-2015
[Reply]
shilala 08:02 AM 05-02-2015
This is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:51 AM 05-02-2015
There's a fight tonight? How barbaric.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:40 AM 05-02-2015
Don't worry, Thomas, the Kansas City Royals won't be there. :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
Up