Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 42
« First < 27353637 3839 > Last »
Good Eats>Sous vide
GreekGodX 07:30 PM 05-29-2018
Clamp broke on my sous vide :-)

Anova is sending me one for free! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:44 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Clamp broke on my sous vide :-)

Anova is sending me one for free! :-) :-)
Back in the gym? :-)
[Reply]
Rock Star 08:08 PM 05-29-2018
wow..i need this dom..thanks
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:30 PM 06-11-2018
Had a local butcher shop cut me a tri tip. Turns out it was from a Wagyu steer. :-). Was a small cut though, about 1.2lbs. Sous vide it at 127°F for 2 hours with salt, pepper and a couple smashed garlic cloves. Seared on a smoking hot grill. Sliced thin, wt it on some pita wedges with carmelized onions, shallots and mushrooms, plus some aged cheddar.

Forgot to snap a pic, but it was damn good.
[Reply]
DEZn00ts 10:26 PM 06-11-2018
Everything looks amazing.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:13 PM 06-16-2018
Bison steak and rib cap done at 125 for two hours. The bison was defrosted overnight and the rib cap was from the freezer. Both came out perfect. Seared the rib cap in a pan and the bison with a mini torch.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:23 AM 06-17-2018
Currently cooking some buttermilk marinated chicken for dinner tonight. 145.5 for two hours. Cool, dust with starch coating, cook again, then batter/deep fry. Marinate contained some brine from my last batch of hot sauce. Should be spicy.
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:08 AM 06-17-2018
I did a bunch of Veal Rib chops yesterday.
Simple salt and pepper seasoning.
Cooked about 3.5 hours @129° then seared off on the sear burner.
Came out terrific.
My father, who loves Veal chops, said it was probably the best he's ever had.
Sorry no pics.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:43 PM 06-22-2018
Did some lamb ribs yesterday, and they came out fantastic.
18 Hours @ 134°. After the bath, I seasoned with rub, and threw them on the smoker for 45min @ 180°. Finally I seared them off on the sear burner.
Super tender and moist. The meat had a velvety consistency.

Out of the bath

On to the smoker

Seared off

And cut

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:55 PM 06-22-2018
Damn Dom. Looks awesome.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:18 AM 06-23-2018
I can't attest to how well this brand works, but Woot.com (Amazon) has a sous vide machine on special today for $54.

https://home.woot.com/offers/chefman...ision-cooker-1
[Reply]
T.G 07:01 AM 06-23-2018
The current model of that machine is only $50 on Amazon prime...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CM931NF/

I'm chuckling at w00t's pricing fail of charging $4 more (and maybe shipping?) for a discontinued version on this one.

Something I thought of the other day about these off brands was when the clip broke on my Anova. One email to CS about the problem and they mailed me a new clip within 24 hours at no cost for the clip or shipping. It didn't matter to them that I couldn't provide an order number from 2-3 years ago because I had deleted the emails. Apparently, at least right now, the Anova clamps are lifetime free replacement. I've read on their forum of them sending out new clear bottom caps at no cost too.

Will these other companies be around or even care to replace parts that break? At least Anova being owned by Electrolux, will be around for a while.

:-) and worth about as much.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:37 PM 07-17-2018
Anova bluetooth is now on Amazon Prime day for 79.99. Doesn't have the fancy stuff but mine works like a charm.
Ends today I think.
[Reply]
Flynnster 08:03 PM 07-24-2018
Wonderful ramen for dinner tonight with sous vide pork belly!
[Reply]
stearns 07:57 AM 07-25-2018
How long did you cook the pork belly for? I love making that with ramen, one of the best things I've made with the SV :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:26 AM 09-03-2018
Made brisket sammiches for a concert on Saturday, gave it a rub of salt pepper and a few other spices, threw it with a hand full of Adam's smoked onions and cooked for 36 hours at 155*, finished 5 minutes a side under the broiler. Best brisket I've made, nobody believed me it was homemade, sturdy enough to cut into clean slices but tender enough to fall apart when you try to bite it

My "concert sammich" is brisket, tellagio, caramelized onion, cabernet gastrique and arugula. We used to always stop at this place on our way to red rocks and pick these up, but at $15 a piece we realized we could just make them ourselves. Done it a few times but this was the first making the brisket in the SV for it, definitely making again the exact same way :-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 08:37 AM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by stearns:
How long did you cook the pork belly for? I love making that with ramen, one of the best things I've made with the SV :-)
Sorry for not getting back to you on this! I did it for just over 12 hours.
[Reply]
GoatLocker 02:46 PM 09-04-2018
Had a near disaster over the weekend. I was tossed a big fat rib eye in the cooker, set it for 128 and made a run to the store. Came back about an hour later and noticed the temp on the cooker said 145! :-) Pulled it out and tossed it in ice water while I investigated. Temp was set for 128, but temp was 145. Had to unplug the cooker to get it to work again. Fortunately, the steak started frozen, and was a decent medium-medium rare, so not quite ruined. I won't be placing much trust in this Anova for a while...
Attached: sous vide error.jpg (7.9 KB) 
[Reply]
T.G 02:51 PM 09-04-2018
Eric, I've seen mine go nuts before due to some external conditions. How was the water level and what direction were the vents on the back of the unit facing, were they over the clamp or were they turned sideways? Was the pot covered with a lid or saran wrap?
[Reply]
GoatLocker 03:39 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by T.G:
Eric, I've seen mine go nuts before due to some external conditions. How was the water level and what direction were the vents on the back of the unit facing, were they over the clamp or were they turned sideways? Was the pot covered with a lid or saran wrap?
Water level was good, the vents were clear and pointed about 45 degrees away from the clamp, and the pot was not covered. 145 was the temp I used the previous day for chicken, and it seemed "stuck" there. I didn't notice the set temp at the cooker when I first plugged it in, just plugged it in and started the app. The app was reading the temp correctly from the cooker, but changing the temp on the app had no effect. Resetting the app didn't work, but unplugging the cooker did. For a while, I just won't walk away until I see the cooker reaches and stays at the set temp.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 42
« First < 27353637 3839 > Last »
Up