Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>The devil site is evil
Volt 04:56 AM 11-19-2009
So I'm running low on my daily smokes, I thought maybe a few sharp bids on the devil site and all will be good. I'll get them cheap or not at all and save money....... 2 orders of fivers and 2 single stick orders will ship this week. I'd biatch about winning 4 auctions in one week except I got some decent smokes at rock bottom prices. I'll guess this economy is worse than I thought.

:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 05:04 AM 11-19-2009
My bill just came today and I won 9 auctions and have to race to the mailbox on Sat. before the wife does. Didn't expect this many wins as half were for some singles I wanted to try. The rest are bundles or boxes and I just ran out of storage from a previous order from JR's. Guess I need to get another RubberMaid ( 3rd one ) for overflow again. This hobby is killing me and so is CBID.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:00 AM 11-19-2009
You know, I always hear complaints about this. I have yet to find one auction go for a price near where I'd like it to be to consider it a deal worth jumpin on. Either I'm too picky, or too doggone tight.
[Reply]
Volt 09:14 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
You know, I always hear complaints about this. I have yet to find one auction go for a price near where I'd like it to be to consider it a deal worth jumpin on. Either I'm too picky, or too doggone tight.
I don't know, may depend on what your looking for. I bid pretty tight on cbid cuz there is always the same auction coming up the next day so I don't get to emotional and excited ( I will if one hard to find cigar shows up again). I do agree though that the people who bid them up over internet prices or even worse - a B&M must be smoking something other than tobacco in their cigars.Try the quickies list that changes every morning. If I get my bids in there early I seem to be winning those a bit easier, too easy maybe :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:49 AM 11-19-2009
Cigar sites aren't evil....Cigar lovers with credit cards are evil. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:52 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-):-)::-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:57 AM 11-19-2009
You have to be patient and know your prices on cbid. I score a lot of stuff by logging in around 11pm and checking Quickies or Lots Closing Today. It also helps if you're not set on a particular vitola. Prices do seem to have gone up in the last few months. I see a lot of 5ers (for example) that I used to be able to snag for $7, going for $9 or $11.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volt 03:00 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
You have to be patient and know your prices on cbid. I score a lot of stuff by logging in around 11pm and checking Quickies or Lots Closing Today. It also helps if you're not set on a particular vitola. Prices do seem to have gone up in the last few months. I see a lot of 5ers (for example) that I used to be able to snag for $7, going for $9 or $11.
Posted via Mobile Device
Better yet, i love it when they bid the price up past what was the "buy it now" price. Ya just got to wonder :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:12 PM 11-19-2009
Correction...credit cards are evil.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:16 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Correction...credit cards are evil.
Not on their own, they ain't. :-) :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 03:24 PM 11-19-2009
Devil site.....and it's little brother....

EVIL!!! EVIL I TELL YOU!!!
[Reply]
bobarian 03:35 PM 11-19-2009
Not on their own, they ain't. :-) :-)
Mine whispers to me.:-) I can hear it now, crying out because its lonely and wants to come out and play. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 03:38 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Mine whispers to me.:-) I can hear it now, crying out because its lonely and wants to come out and play. :-)
I just listened to mine and ended up spending $280. :-)
[Reply]
El Fumador 04:15 PM 11-19-2009
credit cards are evil, i spent a grand last week, and got no where to put overflow. I was possessed. I spent a grand the week before for cigars from the island, I'm done for this year and next year. Guess I can start aging a little bit of stuff. MAYBE.
[Reply]
Darrell 04:21 PM 11-19-2009
That's not your CC, that's the hooker in your crawlspace.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:56 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Bob! You told me you let her go!! :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 05:08 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was one. My cigars. oh oh oh. Now this is the point. You fancy me mad. Madmen know nothing. I was never kinder to the old hooker than during the whole week before I killed her. I then took up three cedar planks from the chamber, and deposited all my beautiful cigars between the scantlings and just threw her in a hole out back. Why no care for the old gal, what for she was never as precious as my cigars. A week later some police were at my door. After some talk the officers were satisfied. My manner had convinced them. I was singularly at ease. They sat, and while I answered cheerily, they chatted of familiar things.Was it possible they saw my stash? Almighty God! --no, no! They saw! --they suspected! --they knew! --they were making a mockery of my love!-this I thought, and this I think. But anything was better than this agony! Anything was more tolerable than this derision! Forgive me while I go smoke one!

:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:17 PM 11-19-2009
Bob! You told me you let her go!! :-)
I know nothing! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:20 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Better yet, i love it when they bid the price up past what was the "buy it now" price. Ya just got to wonder :-)
Obviously, Many People Don't Check The Retail Prices!:-) I Have Scored On Several Bargains At Up To 1/2 off Retail, Though!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:20 PM 11-19-2009
I know nothing! :-)
I need her home for Thanksgiving, Bob, please quit toying with me. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up