Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Entertainment>007 GoldenEye: Reloaded
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:26 PM 01-07-2012
Just bought it about a week ago(ps3), multiplayer is very good. Campaign is good as well. Anyone play this game?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:30 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Just bought it about a week ago(ps3), multiplayer is very good. Campaign is good as well. Anyone play this game?
I've been waiting for the original to go multiplayer for years now. I saw this on Gamespot, but I can't help wishing they just did a 3d remake for the 3DS instead.
I never minded the graphics for the N64 version. The controls for that version were perfect for this game. And they use a different Bond. I'm sure the campaign is great with the upgrades, but that's not what I was personally after.

Regardless, I'll probably buy it eventually just because it's the next best thing.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:50 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I've been waiting for the original to go multiplayer for years now. I saw this on Gamespot, but I can't help wishing they just did a 3d remake for the 3DS instead.
I never minded the graphics for the N64 version. The controls for that version were perfect for this game. And they use a different Bond. I'm sure the campaign is great with the upgrades, but that's not what I was personally after.

Regardless, I'll probably buy it eventually just because it's the next best thing.
The N64 version was awesome! I played that game all the time. Man that was like 15 years ago.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:05 PM 01-11-2012
I played the demo of this and it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Bageland2000 06:20 PM 01-11-2012
Loved the N64 version. Not trying to threadcrap but heard on G4 that it was....meh. Glad to hear you liked it!:-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 06:55 PM 01-12-2012
I hated it. Not a fan at all.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:59 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Bageland2000:
Loved the N64 version. Not trying to threadcrap but heard on G4 that it was....meh. Glad to hear you liked it!:-)
I'm a bond fan in general, have always liked the games.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:01 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I hated it. Not a fan at all.
You hate the whole game? Did you enjoy the N64 game?
[Reply]
bigswol2 08:01 PM 01-12-2012
I was thinking about picking this one up.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:49 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
I was thinking about picking this one up.
I'd do it if you have liked Bond games in the past.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:51 AM 01-13-2012
I was huge into it on N64, but about a year ago i went back and played it and it was horrible. I guess some memories shouldn't be relived. I can't speak for this new release, I stayed away because of the sour taste I have from my throwback attempt. I have been playing FPS games every since the original Golden Eye and just worry this new game can't hold a flame to MW3.
[Reply]
pektel 11:59 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I stayed away because of the sour taste I have from my throwback attempt.
I love going back to old gaming systems. My buddies and I recently brought out my original NES, and played games of Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Break Thru, Blades of Steel, Baseball, and Double Dribble. The original Baseball was a hoot.

And of course, SNES followed soon after with rounds of Super Mario Kart.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:01 PM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I love going back to old gaming systems. My buddies and I recently brought out my original NES, and played games of Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Break Thru, Blades of Steel, Baseball, and Double Dribble. The original Baseball was a hoot.

Mario Cart was the best (most fun) racing game ever. I played it on Wii when I was in Cali for Thanksgiving and it just wasn't that same "fun" that it used to be. Almost worth having a SNS just for the original.
[Reply]
ktblunden 12:13 PM 01-13-2012
Mario Cart was the best (most fun) racing game ever. I played it on Wii when I was in Cali for Thanksgiving and it just wasn't that same "fun" that it used to be. Almost worth having a SNS just for the original.
I never liked any of the followups to the original Mario Kart. The racing portion of the N64 version wasn't too bad, but they have never recaptured the fun of the original Battle Mode. I have so many memories of spending hours on end with my buddies hunting each other down with red turtle shells.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:25 PM 01-13-2012
I was huge into it on N64, but about a year ago i went back and played it and it was horrible. I guess some memories shouldn't be relived. I can't speak for this new release, I stayed away because of the sour taste I have from my throwback attempt. I have been playing FPS games every since the original Golden Eye and just worry this new game can't hold a flame to MW3.
It's far different than MW3. FWIW, I also prefer BF3 to MW3:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:25 PM 01-13-2012

Same here, loving playing the old systems.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:27 PM 01-13-2012

I'm just an old school kind of person, so the older style games/systems I actually like.
[Reply]
pektel 12:43 PM 01-13-2012
I'm just an old school kind of person, so the older style games/systems I actually like.
Me too. ALthough it's partly because I can't bring myself to shell out the kind of money for the latest/greatest system. Newest platform I own is a PS2.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:09 PM 01-13-2012
It's far different than MW3. FWIW, I also prefer BF3 to MW3:-)
Agreed. The only similarity between COD series and the Bond series is that it has guns and is a first person shooter. If I do buy the new Goldeneye, it will be b/c of the single player.
I loved the original for the single player and hated the multiplayer b/c my little brother would always kick my @ss.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:11 PM 01-13-2012

Not to threadjack, but if you're interested in a trip down old school 8-bit memory lane, then check out the Angry Video Game Nerd at cinemassacre.com.
He's the reason that I started beefing up my NES collection again.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up