< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Star Wars: the Old Republic
IndyRob 01:26 PM 11-15-2011
Hah, I played on Shadow Hand as well.

also...curse.com is giving away some 175k beta keys this week:

http://www.curse.com/betas/swtor-na
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:28 PM 11-15-2011
I'm told I'm not allowed to play MMOs anymore. My fiance tells the story like I died or something; "I lost him for a whole summer...I had no idea what he meant when he said he'd be playing the game A LOT"
[Reply]
Sin 09:09 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
My fiance tells the story like I died or something; "I lost him for a whole summer...I had no idea what he meant when he said he'd be playing the game A LOT"
Haha. That's good. As for me, preordered and can't wait to beta test this weekend.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:08 AM 11-18-2011
Some kind of "sort of open beta" from fileplanet going on. They're giving out keys but yo uhave to consume the key by midnight tonight (CST) and will get an invite. I signed up (even though I'm a beta candidate from like 4 directions, including preorder) so we'll see.

I tell ya, the collectors edition had this "portable in-game vendor" for selling stuff. I found myself almost doing it. But an additional $100 just seems stupid. $40 with a $70 collectors edition? Sure. i'll do that all day. But $170 or whatever it is? No no.
[Reply]
jledou 08:28 AM 11-18-2011
Beta code entered here.
[Reply]
jledou 06:21 AM 11-23-2011
GB have been downloading ... still more to go ... apparently an error occurred yesterday shortly after I went to work so the first 12 GB download stopped about 300 meg in ... I may get some play time in this week :-)
[Reply]
Sin 02:18 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Some kind of "sort of open beta" from fileplanet going on. They're giving out keys but yo uhave to consume the key by midnight tonight (CST) and will get an invite. I signed up (even though I'm a beta candidate from like 4 directions, including preorder) so we'll see.

I tell ya, the collectors edition had this "portable in-game vendor" for selling stuff. I found myself almost doing it. But an additional $100 just seems stupid. $40 with a $70 collectors edition? Sure. i'll do that all day. But $170 or whatever it is? No no.
agreed, too steep for me
[Reply]
jledou 04:57 AM 12-01-2011
Tried playing this last weekend and unfortunately I saw nothing but bad lag. I tried to playing a couple different times but ended up throwing in the towel. Hopefully this gets corrected ... soon.
[Reply]
Bax 05:12 AM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by jledou:
Tried playing this last weekend and unfortunately I saw nothing but bad lag. I tried to playing a couple different times but ended up throwing in the towel. Hopefully this gets corrected ... soon.
That's why I'll sit out the first week or two. I got so frustrated with Galaxies and even BF3 opening day.
[Reply]
IndyRob 05:17 AM 12-01-2011
Bought the game, haven't decided what server we're playing on. If another open beta starts or a test run happens again, I'll continue with Shadow Hand. On there I have a Sith Juggernaut at lvl 18 named Baelthalus.
[Reply]
Sin 11:14 PM 12-01-2011
Unfortunately I didnt get to play too much, but when I did, it was pretty fun and no lag here thank God.
[Reply]
spectrrr 12:30 AM 12-02-2011
I got to play the last 2 beta weekends. Sadly I think that may be it for us weekend testers :-)

My computer is FAR from a gaming computer and it handled the FPS mostly well. lower than realtime, yes... affecting my gameplay, no.
Intel Q6600 quad core clocked at 2.4ghz, Radeon HD 2600 XT, 4gb RAM

Likewise I experienced ZERO lag the whole time, which was impressive given that my internet is country DSL that tops off at 220kB/s on a good day. (that's combined up+down speed)

Finally on the subject of bugs... I had none. It ran smooth as a normal release for me, no issues except for slightly glitchy server selection wait timer.

I played a bounty hunter and a smuggler on the tek/trak something like that server.

Will I buy it? I want to.... not so sure I'll have the time to play it enough though...
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:24 AM 12-02-2011
Yep. I played a few beta weekends ago, smooth as silk (after the queue.) I've preordered so I'm committed.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:13 AM 12-13-2011
Early access was released to some this morning! Who all got the email?

My friends and I joined the PVP EST server Death Wind Corridor and we're playing Empire. Feel free to join that server if you don't already have one planned! :-)
[Reply]
jledou 10:28 AM 12-13-2011
Have not heard a thing yet on this end but I have been watching ....
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:07 AM 12-14-2011
Been playing for 18 out of the last 24 hours.
[Reply]
IndyRob 07:26 AM 12-14-2011
I should be on Corderous Ordo for PVE, and Helm of Graush for PVP. I'll post my toons names once I know them.
[Reply]
blugill 11:46 AM 12-14-2011
I've played MMOs since EQ and even did Ultima Online before that but it was a disaster.
Been tempted to get this one but from what I've seen it seems like the same grind with much better skins. If I were sick and needed something to occupy my time I'd jump into this with both feet though!
[Reply]
Sin 11:17 PM 12-14-2011
so far, so great. I'm on Keller's Void server
[Reply]
IndyRob 06:02 AM 12-19-2011
queue times to get on during peak hours is ridiculous. I remember this from every popular launch, but I waited over 30+ minutes the other night. Nuts!

So, have since relocated to a new server, The Corsair. If you're playing Sith on there look up Baelthalus the dark one!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up