Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Entertainment>Star Wars: the Old Republic
Kneo 09:10 PM 10-31-2011
So who is picking this up on December 20th? Anyone in beta? I preordered and I am highly looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Ratters 12:07 AM 11-01-2011
I would be if it was more like KOTOR, but just not into MMOs.
[Reply]
IndyRob 06:02 AM 11-01-2011
I'll most definitely be picking this up! I still play WoW to keep my occupied though.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:24 AM 11-02-2011
Brutus2600 was doing the beta testing for it. From what he described, this will be a good game to pick up. I need to upgrade the video card on my desktop, but I plan to join in December.
[Reply]
jledou 10:20 AM 11-02-2011
I have preordered and looking forward to getting going in December.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:50 AM 11-02-2011
Yep, this is going to be a great game. With the Star Wars name behind it, I believe it is the first MMO to actually have a chance to survive against WoW (not a WoW killer, just survive against it, haha).

Anyway, Like Beagle said, I've been playing beta and it's pretty great so far. It does need a beefy computer to run well, but that's just a great excuse to upgrade the ol' computer :-)

So yes, I have a preorder in and will be playing this as soon as it's released!
[Reply]
ucla695 06:58 AM 11-03-2011
Ooh, I'll have to check it out and see what it's about.
[Reply]
w squared 06:43 PM 11-06-2011
I'm seriously looking forward to this release. I've been watching the "development" site for what seems like a long, long time. I've really enjoyed the KOTOR games, and thoroughly enjoyed playing a couple of MMO's...so this may be a enough of a "fit" for me to jump it with both feet. Also helping out is that fact that I'll have a couple weeks off of work staring on or about the 20th...:-)
[Reply]
IndyRob 08:35 AM 11-07-2011
I think Blizzard has some concerns over this games draw. They recently announced that they will give you Diablo 3 FREE if you agree to a 12-month subscription to WoW. It's a great idea on their part; because even if you leave the game, they're still getting their money.

Blizzard is making WoW far too mindless. To the point that it is taking the fun out of the game for me. Then they announce the next expansion as freaking Panda's... Really? It's like Return of the Jedi all over again. You went from the biggest baddest dragon in the game... to fuggin' kungfu ewoks (Panda's)?
[Reply]
w squared 06:26 PM 11-08-2011
I know that WOW is the grand-daddy of games...but to be honest I think that Blizzard does a poor job of running it, and I find that the game tends to be mindless most of the time. I want some challenge and some variety...not the endless grinding that WOW seems to be. There's a reason that I didn't end up progressing past level 30....yet made it far further (in terms of hours played) with DDO.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:06 PM 11-08-2011
i just got my invite to do a special testing period for the game.

should be good times.
[Reply]
IndyRob 11:48 AM 11-10-2011
+1 to that, looking forward to getting this setup now!
[Reply]
Bax 01:20 PM 11-10-2011
I'll be grabing it but probably won't do it the first week or two. Star Wars Galaxies had so many bugs and patches that I bet I only played an hour or two the first week. I expect this with the Old Republic. We need to get a server list up and hook up in game!
[Reply]
jledou 05:04 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
i just got my invite to do a special testing period for the game.

should be good times.
Have fun, the rest of us will continue to wait in the wings ... :-)
[Reply]
IndyRob 05:34 AM 11-11-2011
Got it all downloaded last night... I've got a show out of town tonight, which blows! I might have to take the day off. hahaha
[Reply]
safariguy 06:54 AM 11-11-2011
Ive never played a MMORPG but if I was goign to do it, this would be it. But I can't justify all the time I would waste playing it.
[Reply]
w squared 06:57 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
We need to get a server list up and hook up in game!
This!:-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:43 PM 11-14-2011
I preordered and played this weekend's test and... I'm lukewarm. It's good...I guess...

OMGSKYRIMFTWROFLMAO!ELEVENTY!!!
[Reply]
jledou 01:07 PM 11-14-2011
I got the email that I will get to play a test coming up ... just didn't make it into this weekend though ...
[Reply]
Kneo 01:21 PM 11-15-2011
I was in this past weekends test and I enjoyed it. I will be playing this for sure. With that being said they do have some bugs to work out and I am going to have to replace my video cards as I was getting poor FPS.

According to the website everyone that signed up for beta testing prior to Nov. 11th will be in the next beta test weekend.

During this test I played on the Shadow Hand Server. Would be cool to have a bunch of us on here on the same server.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up