Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Entertainment>Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Lanks85 02:40 PM 10-06-2011
Anybody else anticipating the Skyrim release in November? I haven't played the other Elder Scrolls games, but watched a trailer for this one and it looks pretty amazing. I'm not much of a "gamer", but got hooked on the RPG's after Fallout 3. Hopefully this one has similar gameplay to Fallout.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:43 PM 10-06-2011
Elder Scrolls is a DEEP DEEP game and I think Skyrim will be as well. I have heard that it could take 150+ hours to beat the game and see EVERYTHING in it.

I am looking forward to it, I was not really a fan of the Elder Scrol series, but I am liking the way this looks.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 02:49 PM 10-06-2011
I used to love RPG games, but it was too much of a time sinc for me. I need to work on the house and other things before I can play games.

Unless I lose my job...that gave me plenty of time to play games then.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:53 PM 10-06-2011
I'll be playing this for sure. I doubt 150+ hours though.

I beat oblivion in like ~35-45 I believe. I hope there is much less redundancy and a better difficulty adjustment though.

Better combat would be nice.
[Reply]
yachties23 02:56 PM 10-06-2011
I think I had about 60 hours into Oblivion and saw just about everything. This is one of the games I have a deposit on... sadly they all come out around the same time
[Reply]
Lanks85 03:03 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
I used to love RPG games, but it was too much of a time sinc for me. I need to work on the house and other things before I can play games.

Unless I lose my job...that gave me plenty of time to play games then.
I hear ya man. I am finishing my last semester of University, so I might have to wait to December before I can actually play it. However, nothing like an RPG to aid in procrastination. Not that I need any help with that or anything. :-)
[Reply]
chand 03:08 PM 10-06-2011
I spent a what seemed like a lifetime playing and modding Morrowind and Oblivion. I see no reason to change that now. Bring on Skyrim! It is after all one of the reasons I bought this laptop.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:48 AM 10-07-2011
I never could really get into Oblivion. Then again - I had to have gone to the wrong place. I started up and ended up somewhere that I got killed over and over.

I'll probably pick up Skyrim anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:06 AM 10-07-2011
With Oblivion I discovered late that leveling up my Major class also leveled up the monsters. I got pretty far in and had my arse handed to me. Some reward for leveling up. I checked out the Gamespot primer and learned that I should make my minor class what I wanted my major class to be, and seldom level up the skills from my major class. I redid everything this way and ended up with a light armor wearing, invisible character. I haven't finished since.

Skyrim is already ordered and payed for. IDK when I'll play it, though.
[Reply]
Ratters 06:29 PM 10-07-2011
I put over 200 hours into Oblivion. Once I leveled up I had no problem killing pretty much anything. Sneak mode and hit them with an arrow. Pretty much dropped anything.

Looking forward to Skyrim, but probably be a year or two before I'll play it. Need a new computer to run it. :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 06:31 PM 10-07-2011
If you already have/played Oblivion, here's a mod game that I actually enjoyed better than Oblivion. Not as much content but still got almost a hundred hours in. All the voice acting is in German but the subtitles and menus are all in English. HIGHLY recommend, especially since it's free. :-) http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Nehrim_Wiki
[Reply]
Lanks85 07:26 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Ratters:
If you already have/played Oblivion, here's a mod game that I actually enjoyed better than Oblivion. Not as much content but still got almost a hundred hours in. All the voice acting is in German but the subtitles and menus are all in English. HIGHLY recommend, especially since it's free. :-) http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Nehrim_Wiki
Good stuff! I will have to give it a try before I spend the cash on Skrim. Thanks!
[Reply]
Bill86 08:31 PM 10-07-2011
Strange you guys had a problem with Oblivion, I beat the game with a level 52 Redguard and had zero problems.

I just stacked all the best gear I could, did a lot of gates and I believe I had around 900-1000 life.

There was a trick, save right before you finish a gate, and you can load till you get the exact item you want :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:20 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Strange you guys had a problem with Oblivion, I beat the game with a level 52 Redguard and had zero problems.

I just stacked all the best gear I could, did a lot of gates and I believe I had around 900-1000 life.

There was a trick, save right before you finish a gate, and you can load till you get the exact item you want :-)
http://www.gamespot.com/features/614...ide/index.html I believe in the "leveling up" portion of this guide it talks about the problem. I don't consult guides unless I need to or something just gets redundant. I did most of the side quests before finishing the main quests. When I returned to the main quest toward the end everything was ridiculously more difficult. I'm glad you didn't find any issues with it, but apparently Gamespot thinks there were.
[Reply]
Ratters 06:41 PM 10-10-2011
Just got the latest PC Gamer where they did a hands on with the game. They loved it, looks freakin awesome, even larger in scale than Oblivion. Man, this is going to suck up a couple years.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:23 PM 10-10-2011
Playing an assassin I just got squashed with reckless abandon. After a while it was just too deep and got boring. Fallout 3 was almost too big, New Vegas I just dropped after 10 hours or so.

I used to be a die-hard one sitting 24 hour RPGer. Just can't work up the energy.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to Skyrim :-)

What?
[Reply]
Bill86 08:26 PM 10-10-2011
Just got the latest PC Gamer where they did a hands on with the game. They loved it, looks freakin awesome, even larger in scale than Oblivion. Man, this is going to suck up a couple years.
Just tell me the combat is improved and I'm happy.

This one and the new Assassin's Creed will be awesome.

I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 too :-)

If Diablo III isn't pay to play (which I'm sure it is) you guys won't see me for 3-5 years :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 07:10 PM 11-10-2011
Out tomorrow. Wish I had a computer that could run it the way it's meant to be run. :-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:20 PM 11-10-2011
I'm hoping my rig is sufficient. Should be, I put it together in June. I'll at least have a reasonable go of it.

Knowing the thing is preloaded on my box and I have (checks clock) 160 minutes before unlock is KILLING me.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:05 PM 11-10-2011
Out tomorrow. Wish I had a computer that could run it the way it's meant to be run. :-)
Same, I'll take a look and see how it might play....I hope I can run it decently at least.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up