Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: In your opinion, can satellite and Redbox be replaced by Netflix
Yes 4 20.00%
No 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>Netflix instead of satellite & Redbox???
goomer 02:27 PM 01-21-2012
I just got the Sony Streaming Player. It does everything the Roku does but is a bit cheaper (the N100 version is $20 cheaper) and has more options, like YouTube, Sony concert series, etc. It also comes with 2 months of Huluplus for free. The only thing it doesn't do from what I can see is the gaming that the Roku SX does. Just another option for those looking for a cable/satellite alternative.
[Reply]
shilala 03:10 PM 01-21-2012
I'm in just the opposite boat from you, Shane. I tried Hulu plus, I thought it sucked out loud. I had no use for it at all. Netflix is like 8 bucks a month. I get way more than my money's worth out of it.
My thing is football. I'm pretty much forced to go to directv next year just so I can get the nfl package. When I do that, pour Internet service cost will go up. It's the worst of all the worlds. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 04:10 PM 01-21-2012
Right now I'm using Hulu Plus and Netflix and Amazon Instant. Amazon instant has better stuff than anything else so far but you have to pay for almost all of it like pay per view. Oh and there is a Roku app for my iPhone that is awesome. It works as a remote control and much more. The only sports I really watch is the Skins games and they are hardly ever televised here. I usually listen to then on the radio on my phone.
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:48 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by chaase321:
sorry, wrong site...not sure what I was thinking. See pm
Thanks for this -- watched the missing episode last night. All is right with the world :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:40 PM 01-21-2012
Doesn't Hulu have commercials? So, you pay for the service and have to sit thru commercials as well. Not me, brother!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:59 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Doesn't Hulu have commercials? So, you pay for the service and have to sit thru commercials as well. Not me, brother!
Yah 60 second ones, very annoying. I didn't think it had them when I signed up.
[Reply]
chaase321 09:18 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Yah 60 second ones, very annoying. I didn't think it had them when I signed up.
Wow. Totally sorry that some things aren't great with Hulu man. All I have heard is great things which is why I was so excited about it coming to google tv soon! Are you able to fast forward through the commercials?

But you're liking th roku? You still planning on getting rid of satellite?
[Reply]
chaase321 09:19 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Thanks for this -- watched the missing episode last night. All is right with the world :-)
Nice! The Internet! You can find anything!!!!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:54 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by chaase321:
Wow. Totally sorry that some things aren't great with Hulu man. All I have heard is great things which is why I was so excited about it coming to google tv soon! Are you able to fast forward through the commercials?

But you're liking th roku? You still planning on getting rid of satellite?
Working on it still.
Im not blaming you for anything brother. All you did was help!!!
No you can't FFWD commercials. Movies don't have them just TV shows.
I'm not complaining at all here, just trying to post facts for others.
[Reply]
goomer 07:02 AM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm in just the opposite boat from you, Shane. I tried Hulu plus, I thought it sucked out loud. I had no use for it at all. Netflix is like 8 bucks a month. I get way more than my money's worth out of it.
My thing is football. I'm pretty much forced to go to directv next year just so I can get the nfl package. When I do that, pour Internet service cost will go up. It's the worst of all the worlds. :-)
Football is my big question mark also. I can't watch the Vikings every week without the Sunday Ticket. I think next year I'll just go to the sports bar to watch them. It's not worth the cost of having directv for the whole year.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:16 AM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by goomer:
Football is my big question mark also. I can't watch the Vikings every week without the Sunday Ticket. I think next year I'll just go to the sports bar to watch them. It's not worth the cost of having directv for the whole year.
Agreed. That is what I do -- and the bar I go to just happens to be a cigar bar, so it's all good :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up