Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
General Discussion>The absolute worst beer you can get anywhere is...
doctorcue 03:04 PM 11-13-2008
Brahma beer from Brazil. I had that this weekend and felt crappy afterwards. I'd take just about any malt liquor over that sh*t again.
[Reply]
macpappy 03:13 PM 11-13-2008
Does anyone else remember Falstaff? My dad used to drink that crap and it almost convinced me not to drink beer when I was in high school.
[Reply]
Heliofire 03:17 PM 11-13-2008
I can't remember the name of it but I had a smoked beer once and that thing is hands down the worst beer I have ever had. The first sip your like "wow i can't believe that it really tastes smokey" and then on the next sip you realize that you are drinking a beer that tastes like liquid smoke.:-)
[Reply]
nozero 03:23 PM 11-13-2008
I've always disliked any non-alcoholic beer. WTF - for those who love to urinate, but don't want that annoying buzz?
[Reply]
acarr 03:24 PM 11-13-2008
Mickey's Big Mouth. I haven't seen that around in a while but it is bad. Who wants to drink beer out of a pickle jar anyways.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:26 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by landhoney:
:-) I refuse to drink ANY Sam Adams beer because of this atrocity. To call this a Lambic is ridiculous. Also, Lambics must come from a certain region of Belgium(like Champagne). I don't think there is another American brewery with gall to call their beer Lambic. Have some respect Sam Adams. :-) Yes, I'm overreacting and I like it.
The only one I will drink is the Ommegang Three Philosophers. It has a genuine Belgian Cherry-Lambic added.
[Reply]
silentjon 03:27 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. Only beer I wasn't able to finish.
Agreed - the only Sam Adams I don't like. This one sucks.
[Reply]
acarr 03:29 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
I simply must add another to the list. I had this beer while living in Sandiego, but I think you can find it just about anywhere. There are really no words to describe just how bad this product from Tecate Mexico is.

This stuff was actually made in Cave Creek, Arizona at the Satisfied Frog. I think they stopped brewing everything because the owner didn't pay the rent and the property owner took over the place. They have renamed it something like Silver Saddle. There was one beer that they had that was quite good and it was called Black Mountain Pale Ale. Alas, it can't be had anymore:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:30 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Bud Light or anything made by Bud :-)
Bingo. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 04:42 PM 11-13-2008
Olde English 800. :-)
[Reply]
kwoody 04:57 PM 11-13-2008
It's almost impossible to single one out when there are so many wretched American, ahem, *beers*, and their foreign copycats. But, I'll vote for Keystone *Light*, a stroke of redundant moronism in branding. I mean, any swill that markets itself as so bland that it won't give you "bitter beer face" has GOT to make you want to spit it out, and fast. :-)

The truth is, almost every lite beer would qualify.
I think Milwaukee aka the beast is a million times worse than keystone light.
ugh
[Reply]
Bruzee 05:01 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
The worst beer that I have every tried was Flat Tire.

:-)

Thats my favorite.... I guess it just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks... :-)
[Reply]
tnip23 05:15 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. Only beer I wasn't able to finish.
I kept seeing this beer show up on bad lists, so I bought a SA winter mix case to see for myself. Sorry, but this beer is true to style, tart and flavorful. I like it myself, not my favorite by a long shot, but it is a good lambic. To place this beer on a list that includes the horrible tasting american light lager rice and corn beers like Bud and Coor's light is not fair. Tastes are obviously subjective, but if you have not had other lambics and label this one bad, perhaps you need to try some and then decide if it's the style and not the beer you don't like. Beer snob, out.:-)
[Reply]
:eevis 05:19 PM 11-13-2008
[Reply]
Spect 05:25 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Stick:
And you shouldn't believe it either. :-)
I am corrected! :-)
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 05:25 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Heliofire:
I can't remember the name of it but I had a smoked beer once and that thing is hands down the worst beer I have ever had. The first sip your like "wow i can't believe that it really tastes smokey" and then on the next sip you realize that you are drinking a beer that tastes like liquid smoke.:-)
:-)

I was at a beer fest and tried a smoked beer and it was stomach turning. Terrible:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 05:27 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by CrazyKayaker:
Schlitz is the worse...unless you enjoy the flavor of stale fart, or own a "speed boat" similar to the one pictured below.

ROFLMAO,,,I swear that is my neighbor up the street,,,,lololol
[Reply]
Scimmia 05:56 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by tnip23:
I kept seeing this beer show up on bad lists, so I bought a SA winter mix case to see for myself. Sorry, but this beer is true to style, tart and flavorful. I like it myself, not my favorite by a long shot, but it is a good lambic. To place this beer on a list that includes the horrible tasting american light lager rice and corn beers like Bud and Coor's light is not fair. Tastes are obviously subjective, but if you have not had other lambics and label this one bad, perhaps you need to try some and then decide if it's the style and not the beer you don't like. Beer snob, out.:-)
True to style? All of the tartness came from the cranberry, it had NONE of the sourness if should have from the brett. It is far to sweet for a real lambic, and is obviously not spontaniously fermented, which is kind of the defining characteristic of a lambic.

As far as it not belonging in a thread with "horrible tasting american light lager rice and corn beers like Bud and Coor's light", those are also just another style of beer, and actually defining examples of that style. Take your own advice and "decide if it's the style and not the beer you don't like."
[Reply]
Fumes 05:58 PM 11-13-2008
I simply must add another to the list. I had this beer while living in Sandiego, but I think you can find it just about anywhere. There are really no words to describe just how bad this product from Tecate Mexico is.
My parents had a six pack of this horrid stuff in their closet for a couple years because no one would drink it and my dad is so cheap he wouldn't throw it out.
This stuff could cure alcoholism. Truly nasty.
[Reply]
doctorcue 06:08 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
I bet that causes a wicked hangover but I'd do it on a $20 bet. Ok, $5 is more likely.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up