Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Discretionary Income
ahc4353 09:11 AM 11-12-2008
When money gets tight what is the top four things "to go" as far as what you "normally" buy?

Morning Coffee
Lunch Out
Cigars
New Clothes
[Reply]
loki 09:15 AM 11-12-2008
money's been tight for me for years.... college which transfered into unemployment so I'd have to say eating out, booze, and yes smokes. I still save up for cigars or pipes here and there but mostly it's singles and small stuff. Also aimless driving goes
[Reply]
Bruzee 09:16 AM 11-12-2008
1. Eating 'out'
2. Cigars
3. Gas (limited or only necessary driving)
[Reply]
Rockestone 09:17 AM 11-12-2008
Lattes

Golf

Stogies

In that order. And yes, money is becoming a little tighter. However, I am lucky enough to have a job that I believe is secure. When you do something nobody else wants to do, that makes it pretty secure!
[Reply]
Benwoo 09:17 AM 11-12-2008
We've cut eating out as well. Trying to limit it to about once a week or less.
Buying in Bulk and cooking meals for a weeks worth of meals.
I try not to buy a bunch of useless crap now as well.

Chris
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:20 AM 11-12-2008
Rum(Booze)
Cigars
Eating out

In that order..... luckily it has all been reductions rather than complete cut-offs.
[Reply]
Volt 09:23 AM 11-12-2008
My Dad once told me to ensure a job and/or good pay I had to be one of two things:

1. Be willing to do what no one else wants to do or

2. Know something no one else knows.

3. Best of all - know how to do something no one else wants to do.

I have cut out a lot of stuff accross the board this year though nothing completely. With cigars, between small buying, trades/bombs out and bombs in, my number stays the same roughly.

On a good note though - I do have an out bound this week :-)

Originally Posted by Rockestone:
Lattes

Golf

Stogies

In that order. And yes, money is becoming a little tighter. However, I am lucky enough to have a job that I believe is secure. When you do something nobody else wants to do, that makes it pretty secure!

[Reply]
TripleF 09:24 AM 11-12-2008
gas - to go fishing (car)
dry cleaning (iron my clothes now)
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:29 AM 11-12-2008
My wife and I are still adjusting to the thoughts of cutting back. We are a bit lucky right now as things haven't gotten too bad yet. But change is coming and I'm very afraid. Soon she'll be jobless and we'll be in expensive VA. I'm sure the first thing to go will be my recent and pricey cigar purchases. After that, will probably be my trips to Starbucks. Finally, we'll probably cut back on eating out. We seem to spend a fortune every time we eat out. It's like an $80 minimum for us anywhere we go. I haven't figured this out yet. Mystery of the universe I guess.
[Reply]
poker 09:31 AM 11-12-2008
1) Jade
2) Kristine
3) Tiffany
4) unknown
:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:34 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
1) Jade
2) Kristine
3) Tiffany
4) unknown

Nice!

(As Al sends link to Jade, Kristine and Tiffany) :-)
[Reply]
poker 09:38 AM 11-12-2008
1) Jade
2) Kristine
3) Tiffany
4) unknown
Well, I dont buy them but they are expensive. Jade gambles too much, Tiffany likes to go eat stuff like sushi and likes nice things, Kristine is my little girl and she spends money like its going out of style. (Tiff is in my profile)
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:47 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
When money gets tight what is the top four things "to go" as far as what you "normally" buy?

Morning Coffee
Lunch Out
Cigars
New Clothes
Mortgage
Electricity
Cable
Food

Need to have money for the cigars!
[Reply]
Rockestone 09:47 AM 11-12-2008
Well, I dont buy them but they are expensive. Jade gambles too much, Tiffany likes to go eat stuff like sushi and likes nice things, Kristine is my little girl and she spends money like its going out of style. (Tiff is in my profile)
After looking at your profile, Tiff should get what ever Tiff wants...money be damned!!:-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:04 AM 11-12-2008
'Eating out' is the first thing to go... as a matter of fact I usually don't have much to cut there since I cook quite a bit at home and we take lunches to work... it saves us quite a bit in the long run...

The second is cigars... as much as I spend on cigars they have to be high on the list to get cut when I need to save!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:06 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by loki:
money's been tight for me for years.... college which transfered into unemployment so I'd have to say eating out, booze, and yes smokes. I still save up for cigars or pipes here and there but mostly it's singles and small stuff. Also aimless driving goes

Im in the same boat
[Reply]
The Professor 10:19 AM 11-12-2008
In order of disappearance:

1. drinks out
2. coffee out
3. cigars
4. ??

I'm at #4. :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:20 AM 11-12-2008
-eating out, followed by the "luxury" food items at home
-cigars (not a problem until the humi is actually approaching empty)
-misc. uneeded purchases.

couldn't say what else to cut... I try to be frugal with most things as it is (college and then college loans to pay tends to do that to you).
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:23 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

Morning Coffee
Lunch Out
Cigars
New Clothes
Starbucks goes And I brown bag it or starve till supper (usually the latter due to laziness) Clothes drop to a when needed basis but is my normal
[Reply]
beamish 10:29 AM 11-12-2008
definately :dining out
unfortunately:stogies....have to really shop,and leaning more towards bundles..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up