Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Speeding ticket. OUCH!!!
acruce 02:31 PM 11-10-2008
Why not contact an attorney . I got a ticket last month for running a stop sign, it was gonna cost about $200 .Contacted an attorney I use from time to time. He took care of it for $75.00 bucks
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 02:36 PM 11-10-2008
80 in a 45 in a construction zone plus 4 more violations.

Came to 2 days in holding, car impounded and about 1200 in fines.

Last time I was ever "THAT" stupid.....before that got 2 tickets from the same officer in the same day..1 before class and one after..not a good day!

Shawn
[Reply]
Screwbag 02:37 PM 11-10-2008
Okay long story here...

I got a ticket in southern CA doing like 70 in a 65 or something....I put my copy of the ticket in the glove box and consequently forgot about it for a year or five

almost five years later...Living in AZ the neighbors come to the neighbors house because they were fighting...and as a witness etc they wanna see my ID I grab it and find out that a warrant had been issued in CA for my ticket...original fine of like 140 bucks...but added fines and fees put it up to over 600 bucks....So I get taken to jail...they wouldn't let me hit the ATM, so I sat all night in the drunk tank...wishing I had been drunk... until a friend got off of work and got the money from the bank to pay my fines....

I have not forgotten another ticket since....

Lesson learned....painfully
[Reply]
Tombstone 02:38 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by acruce:
Why not contact an attorney . I got a ticket last month for running a stop sign, it was gonna cost about $200 .Contacted an attorney I use from time to time. He took care of it for $75.00 bucks
That is what is wrong with society today. Instead of owning up to your guilty actions you take the easy way out. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 03:23 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
That is what is wrong with society today. Instead of owning up to your guilty actions you take the easy way out. :-)
So, your saying I should have paid the ticket let go on my record. Then my insurance goes up? In my opinion that would be kind of a dumb move.Thats what attorney's are for.
[Reply]
Bruzee 03:34 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Yeah ... 'cause *that's* the direction this thread should go. :-) I don't think *anyone* is saying that. Sounds to me like everyone accepts what (allegedly) they did. :-)

BTW -- never pinched for a single moving violation ever. Not sure I'll be saying that at the end of this school year. :-) :-)
I guess I should have noted the sarcasim in my comment.... :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 03:39 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
I guess I should have noted the sarcasim in my comment.... :-)
And a pharter to boot, eh?!? :-)

No worries. I just wanted to head it off "in case." Threads like this in the past on "other" sites have taken unfortunate turns to cop-bashing ... which is something my friends Tom, Dustin, and others don't really like (and by extension, I don't like).
[Reply]
icehog3 03:40 PM 11-10-2008
$50....but I haven't had a sppeding ticket since 1982. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:00 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
$50....but I haven't had a sppeding ticket since 1982. :-)
Yeah, you and my little baby brother the Sarge! :-)

Last one I got was out near Pearblossom (CA upper desert) and ran me around $400. The radar detector a couple months later was $300. It's probably saved me at least two grand over the last five or six years. I kid not. Unfortunately I have a bit of a lead foot and more HP than I probably should have. :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 04:00 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
And a pharter to boot, eh?!? :-)

No worries. I just wanted to head it off "in case." Threads like this in the past on "other" sites have taken unfortunate turns to cop-bashing ... which is something my friends Tom, Dustin, and others don't really like (and by extension, I don't like).
I'm good with that.... :-) I've been a cop for almost 10 yrs... I guess I should have known better... :-)
[Reply]
shaggy 04:11 PM 11-10-2008
dont speed in ontario....50 kms over the limit anywhere in the province could net ya a $10,000 fine, road side license suspension and a week of impound for your car(at your expense of course). i guess they got tired of hot roddin around on the highways
[Reply]
The Professor 04:16 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
I'm good with that.... :-) I've been a cop for almost 10 yrs... I guess I should have known better... :-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 04:47 PM 11-10-2008
The cost of the speeding ticket is nothing compared to what the insurance companies whack you with after the ticket. You're lucky . . . in MA they don't let you go to traffic school on-line or otherwise. You get points for every ticket you receive and your insurance costs go up.

I'd speed like a madman if I wouldn't get whacked by the insurance company. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 05:04 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
The cost of the speeding ticket is nothing compared to what the insurance companies whack you with after the ticket. You're lucky . . . in MA they don't let you go to traffic school on-line or otherwise. You get points for every ticket you receive and your insurance costs go up.

I'd speed like a madman if I wouldn't get whacked by the insurance company. :-)

No kidding. I bet drivers are very patient there, unlike SoCal.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 05:05 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Screwbag:
Okay long story here...

I got a ticket in southern CA doing like 70 in a 65 or something....I put my copy of the ticket in the glove box and consequently forgot about it for a year or five

almost five years later...Living in AZ the [COPS] come to the neighbors house because they were fighting...and as a witness etc they wanna see my ID I grab it and find out that a warrant had been issued in CA for my ticket...original fine of like 140 bucks...but added fines and fees put it up to over 600 bucks....So I get taken to jail...they wouldn't let me hit the ATM, so I sat all night in the drunk tank...wishing I had been drunk... until a friend got off of work and got the money from the bank to pay my fines....

I have not forgotten another ticket since....

Lesson learned....painfully
That is about the worst story I've heard today. Jeez. That sucks!!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 05:06 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:

By the way, Mike, I was behind you on Olympic today and MAN, YOU WERE DRIVIN' LIKE A LITTLE OLD LADY!:-)
[Reply]
Stog-a-Boy 05:23 PM 11-10-2008
$80 53 in a 30...dropped to 39 in a 30 on the ticket
[Reply]
perogee 05:43 PM 11-10-2008
Well, my personal best is only about $120, but I know of one that beats everything that I have seen so far. Up by Edmonton, someone got caught doing something like 240kph in a 100 zone on his crotch rocket.....

$12000 from the judge :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:01 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:

Worst area of the country to drive in. Ever. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:51 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
By the way, Mike, I was behind you on Olympic today and MAN, YOU WERE DRIVIN' LIKE A LITTLE OLD LADY!:-)
:-) :-) :-) Were you the one honking at me and riding my bumper while I was doing 25 in the fast lane. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up