Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Friend coming down the slope
Texan in Mexico 06:36 PM 11-15-2008
I was in Vegas last week for work - it was a tough week, lots of meetings and presentations. I missed out on a great Herf because of a late night meeting.

All in all, it was a week that never wanted to end.

One night we finished our meeting at about 930 pm and I went with a couple of my buddies to the bar in the lobby - La Scena I think it was.

I have shared cigars with him for a while now and he had gone to the little Davidoff shop and bought a couple PAM 64's.

We were all in a pretty foul mood honestly and we sat, smoked and drank for about an hour in complete silence as we watched the two blondes jiggle along with the cover band.

At one point he leans over and tells me thank you. I didnt understand what he meant at first.

He tells me that thanks to this cigar he has gone through all the phases of his life. Reflected on his childhood, teenage years and his working life. It was a leap of faith for him as it is tough for Latins to open up like this but he continued on how the cigars we share puts him in a reflective mood and everything seemed so vivid for him.

This one moment made the entire week worth the trouble.

It really struck me and reminded me just how important cigars are to me and being able to share them in this way makes it even more so.

Just thought I would share this here with all of you...

Thanks for reading.

Travis
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:25 PM 11-15-2008
it is tough because of the whole macho persona that most tend to have.

I think that its really cool that some rolled up leafs cold bring people together and make total strangers that on any given day would just pass each other by like nothing.
[Reply]
Up