Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Note to self: Clean up the BBQ periodically
icehog3 12:11 AM 11-15-2008
Nothing better than burgers and baked bees! :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:51 AM 11-15-2008
Awesome
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:57 AM 11-15-2008
Holy crap!! :-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:58 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nothing better than burgers and baked bees! :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
dunng 08:17 AM 11-15-2008
CRAZY! Glad I'm not allergic! :-)
[Reply]
Vitis 08:43 AM 11-15-2008
Holy Sh#t. When was the last time you used it?
[Reply]
nozero 08:45 AM 11-15-2008
Wow. Too bad you couldn't get a local bee keeper to come out and get them.

http://dallas-tx.yellowusa.com/Bee_Removal.html

Originally Posted by :
The practice of bee removal should be done by an exterminating professional who has had experience removing bees or wasps from different areas. If you have found a hive near your home, you can have somebody determine what type of bee it is and how dangerous they are. Beekeepers will gladly remove a colony of honey bees without charging you anything. However, wasps and other types of bees will probably need to be removed by an extermination company. Anti-kill procedures are harder with bees due to their nature, however if you have any health issues with the chemicals for the extermination process you should talk with the exterminator first to see what options you may have. Some companies may have different types of spray chemicals that you would be more willing to have used around your home that aren't a hazard to your health. In order to exterminate bees, you will need to ensure that the queen is exterminated so she can't grow another colony. If you know of a neighbor or friend that has recently had a bee problem, you could ask them what exterminator they used and how much they charged for their services. This will also help find a trustworthy exterminating company if your friend recommends their services to you. Bee removal can take a few hours depending on the amount of bees and the area you want the extermination company to cover. If a home has been vacant for a couple of years you may find thousands of bees within walls. Killing large amounts of bees will result in removing them once they are dead as well. Since they can still sting you, it is vital to remember to be careful when clearing out a house with dead bees. Exterminating companies that you speak with should tell you how many years they have been taking care of bee problems and if they are certified to do so. You can also find customer reviews online or from word of mouth to help select which exterminating company to hire.
Not sure if you could actually get somebody to do it for free, but thought it may be usefull information to anybody who may encounter a problem like this in the future.
[Reply]
muziq 08:51 AM 11-15-2008
OMG. That would have FREAKED me out. I love what bees do for us, but man I sure do not like them being around me. Ugh. That's like a Hitchcock short film or something...
[Reply]
Ron1YY 08:57 AM 11-15-2008
That is amazing!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:31 AM 11-15-2008
OMG!!! That is a huge pile of bees!!!
When was the last time you BBQ'd? I can't go a week with out grilling!!!

Looks like you must'a went all summer without BBQ!!!:-)

BTW Icehog3 - Are you sure those aren't Boston Baked Bees?:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:33 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

BTW Icehog3 - Are you sure those aren't Boston Baked Bees?:-)
Apparently, these are Dallas Baked Bees? :-) :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 10:17 AM 11-15-2008
That's crazy. Too bad the owner didn't call a professional bee remover...especially since bee populations are diminishing. Also, can you imagine how good that honey would have tasted?
[Reply]
RPB67 10:22 AM 11-15-2008
Need to check my grille...............:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:29 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Apparently, these are Dallas Baked Bees? :-) :-)
Hilarious!!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mark C 10:38 AM 11-15-2008
I've been staring at the honeycomb pictures for awhile now, I think it's absolutely amazing how the bees make such perfect shapes, and so many of them! Beautiful really.

But I'd have bombed the suckers too if I found 'em in my grill, the MacGyver in me loves the rake idea!
[Reply]
parafumar 10:41 AM 11-15-2008
DUDE! :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:36 PM 11-15-2008
found the real grill he was talking bout

[Reply]
shilala 12:40 PM 11-15-2008
My grill doesn't have time to grow a spider web let alone a whole colony of honeybees.
Shame the bees got whacked. I was all grossed out at first cause I thought they were cockroaches and I could hardly believe how many there were.
I second the motion on getting them out of there. I know at least 1/2 dozen guys that would have done it. I'd do it if I had a hood.
Bummer.
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:33 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by Vitis:
Holy Sh#t. When was the last time you used it?
Oh, that's not my actual BBQ.. found it on another forum. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:46 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
My grill doesn't have time to grow a spider web let alone a whole colony of honeybees.
Shame the bees got whacked. I was all grossed out at first cause I thought they were cockroaches and I could hardly believe how many there were.
I second the motion on getting them out of there. I know at least 1/2 dozen guys that would have done it. I'd do it if I had a hood.
Bummer.
Imagethis kind of hood?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up