Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
General Discussion>The absolute worst beer you can get anywhere is...
Ace$nyper 06:52 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Olde English 800. :-)
don't hate the 8 ball :-) jk

For when my friends and I have 40 parties I'm normally with OE or Bud Ice. If you have to drink Malt Liquor thats the "best"

This stuff is truly awful. Image
[Reply]
webjunkie 10:53 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Thats my favorite.... I guess it just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks... :-)
I have to say that I'm not much of a fan of fat tire either, but their sunshine wheat, that's one of my favorites.
[Reply]
Tazziedevil 12:27 AM 11-14-2008
Anything Australian.

Boag's, Cascade, Toohey's, XXXX.

Take your pick. Yechh!
[Reply]
tnip23 11:44 AM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
True to style? All of the tartness came from the cranberry, it had NONE of the sourness if should have from the brett. It is far to sweet for a real lambic, and is obviously not spontaniously fermented, which is kind of the defining characteristic of a lambic.

As far as it not belonging in a thread with "horrible tasting american light lager rice and corn beers like Bud and Coor's light", those are also just another style of beer, and actually defining examples of that style. Take your own advice and "decide if it's the style and not the beer you don't like."

Agree on the the process being shortcutted on the SA, they probably don't have open air fermenters in buildings filled with centuries of wild yeast strains to produce a true belgian lambic, but I just don't think that it has that bad a taste. I'll disagree with you on the sweetness though, Lindeman's Framboise is as sweet or sweeter than the SA cranberry.

On your other point, light lager is a style. Adding adjuncts such as corn and rice instead of using all barley is just a bastardization to save money. I can drink an all barley light lager or ale and say it's a good beer, can't do that with a bud.
[Reply]
LordOfWu 11:54 AM 11-14-2008
I don't remember the name of it, but I bought a 'beers of the world' pack with 10 different beers in it. Some were good, some were just unique...but one actually tasted like salami!!! I kid you not, it tasted like drinking a friggin' salami!! I took two drinks, poured it out...it was disgusting! I don't dislike salami, but in a beer! It was a beer from India...there was another beer from India that was a perfectly normal tasting ale, I've never tasted anything like it.
[Reply]
barbourjay 12:21 PM 11-14-2008
steele reserve is horrid. i do find a lot of the answers in this thread funny.
[Reply]
Scimmia 01:22 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by tnip23:
Agree on the the process being shortcutted on the SA, they probably don't have open air fermenters in buildings filled with centuries of wild yeast strains to produce a true belgian lambic, but I just don't think that it has that bad a taste. I'll disagree with you on the sweetness though, Lindeman's Framboise is as sweet or sweeter than the SA cranberry.

On your other point, light lager is a style. Adding adjuncts such as corn and rice instead of using all barley is just a bastardization to save money. I can drink an all barley light lager or ale and say it's a good beer, can't do that with a bud.
As far as the Lindeman's, it's a fruit beer based on a lambic, which is fine for what it is. You may argue that the SA would be the same thing, but there is not lambic base there to begin with. Lambics are supposed to be a sour beer, not just have the tartness of a fruit.

For the light lager style, as I said, Bud and Coors light are defining examples of the style; BJCP Style Guide section 1A. Sure, corn and rice aren't Reinheitsgebot sanctioned, but then, neither is fruit.
[Reply]
tobii3 01:29 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
Sure, corn and rice aren't Reinheitsgebot sanctioned...
I'm not sure if I am supposed to ask.....or say Gesundheit???
[Reply]
Stick 01:48 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by tobii3:
I'm not sure if I am supposed to ask.....or say Gesundheit???
The Reinheitsgebot sometimes called the "German Beer Purity Law" or the "Bavarian Purity Law" in English, is a regulation concerning the production of beer in Germany. In the original text, the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley, and hops.
[Reply]
papichulo 06:22 PM 11-14-2008
Anything not from Belgium. I just spent the last two weeks in Belgium and the are two things in Belgium that lead the world: Chocolate and beer. I have only been back for a couple days and already the many nights of drinking over there.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:51 AM 11-15-2008
Anything Bud
Anything Miller
Corona
Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic (worst beer ever!)
Landshark
PBR
Rolling Rock
[Reply]
acruce 11:39 AM 11-15-2008
Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer.
[Reply]
:eevis 04:44 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Anything Bud
Anything Miller
Corona
Landshark
PBR
Rolling Rock
I totally forgot about this abomination of a beer :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:45 PM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Originally Posted by :eevis:
I totally forgot about this abomination of a beer :-)

You're better off forgetting! :-)
[Reply]
punch54 05:43 PM 11-15-2008
bud light
[Reply]
DMK 06:12 PM 11-15-2008
Generally anything brewed my the giants sucks.
Locally here in Canada, Labatt's, Molson's etc all blow chunks.
The smaller craft brewers are the way to go.
The only thing close to a large brewer I'll drink is Alexander Keith's IPA.
[Reply]
pearson 06:18 PM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
I simply must add another to the list. I had this beer while living in Sandiego, but I think you can find it just about anywhere. There are really no words to describe just how bad this product from Tecate Mexico is.
I forgot all about this one. yeah it was pretty bad to.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up