Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Lighter Brands... discuss
sjnovakovich 06:12 PM 05-31-2009
I love my Corona.
[Reply]
jonharky 06:17 PM 05-31-2009
I have 2 ronsons and love them....I bought a nibo explorer from ebay used it once and that was it...all I can say is junk
[Reply]
jonharky 06:19 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Has anybody used the Zippo torch insert? I have been curious about those, because I'm really attached to some of my Zippos.
My friend loves his z-plus he thinks it is worth the 12-13 bucks he paid for it
[Reply]
OLS 12:07 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
if the lighter looks the same, I think it is the same.
I think you are probably correct on that, UNLESS you go to a chinese product mall or website and see 100 for 100 dollars, or 50 dollars. I am pretty sure that these would be nearly useless.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 12:21 PM 06-10-2009
I have several $3 ronsons that I leave in the car, bags, home, etc. Mine take a few clicks to get going sometimes, but $3, they can't be beat.

I would like to pick up a much larger tabletop lighter to use at home.
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 12:30 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Has anybody used the Zippo torch insert? I have been curious about those, because I'm really attached to some of my Zippos.

I have one of the inserts. It works great and holds a great deal of fuel. You would only need 1 since it can be interchanged with which ever Zippo case you put it in.

Sarge
[Reply]
Cigary 12:34 PM 06-10-2009
Ronson again gets my vote. I bought a dozen about 6 months ago and I still am using the first one I bought,,,it takes a charge with quality fuel and works first time every time. I have been "gifting" the other Ronsons I bought because they are a great gift.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:32 AM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Guys, for those interested here is the wrap-up.

The question I posed was not what is your choice of cheap lighter, but more do with the fact that there seems to be multiple manufacturers with identical lighters at very different prices
. So what I did was buy a couple of these lighters and tested them all. I have come up with some general rules for buying lighters:

1) No name knock offs are terrible (the one I ordered from ebay did not work).
2) If a lighter has a researchable brand (i.e. has a website, online retailers stock them -- no including ebay), I cannot find any difference between the same lighter made by different companies (i.e. Jobon looks/feels/works like vector for 1/3 the price).

So, if you find a lighter you like, lets sat vector, and you find the same thing made under blue rhino, chances are it is the same lighter with a different label. I cannot confirm this, but from my limited experiment, Tiger, Jobon, Nibo, Vector, etc, etc... if the lighter looks the same, I think it is the same.

Hope this helps some guys looking at lighters.

Lu
Thanks Lu. I think many times only the title of the thread is read, not the post. Good job on the research.

:-)
[Reply]
ggriffi 04:16 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
I have 2 ronsons and love them....I bought a nibo explorer from ebay used it once and that was it...all I can say is junk
Thats the funny thing about cheap lighters (or for that matter anything cheap) I bought a nibo two years ago that died about 3 months ago and worked great the until it died. just bought two more (nibo effect) on the bay for $20 and figure that I am good for about 4 yrs.

g
[Reply]
Toulouse 08:59 PM 06-13-2009
The Vector Dupla lighter looks interesting - has a soft flame for toasting and lighting and a jet flame for correcting burn and for those windy days.

http://www.vectorkgm.com/

However, my inexpensive Ronson has yet to let me down and I keep thinking about all the cigars the $45 will buy so the Dupla is unlikely to end up in my pocket any time soon.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up