Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The most reliable lighter
ahc4353 02:27 PM 04-29-2009
UPDATE!!!! :-):

One of my Ronson passed away yesterday. It will not spark, no click no nothin. :-)

Oh well for three or four bucks it's back to Walgreen's! :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 05:37 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

One of my Ronson passed away yesterday. It will not spark, no click no nothin. :-)
I'm sorry for you loss. You should smoke a cigar and lay your Ronson to rest.:-)
[Reply]
Tripp 06:09 PM 04-29-2009
Though most Ronsons do eventually fail, Jquirit has been using the same Jetlite for about 2 years...
[Reply]
eber 07:26 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by gr8stag:
Xikar would be the best bet, plenty of styles $50.00 and under. Can't beat the lifetime warranty and the free leather case they send you when you register the lighter at their web site.
:-) I have a Xikar plunge that a friend gave me for my B-Day, I use it daily, I have probably re-filled it ~5-6 times since the middle of March (it holds a TON of fuel)
[Reply]
Chris. 07:29 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

Oh well for three or four bucks it's back to Walgreen's! :-)
That's what happened to mine last month. Not a big deal since it was soo cheap. I think that's why people love them. they are cheap and reliable. THough they do fail eventually(as do most if not all lighters), they are soo cheap, it's hard to get upset about it.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:13 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
For me, has to be the pb-207. Most reliable, no frills lighter that will get your cigar lit no matter what the conditions
PB-207 gets my vote too. It's not the slickest looking lighter, but it does its job very well. :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 08:26 PM 04-29-2009
Ronson gets my vote as well. When I first learned of them I use to be one of those guys who would pay $100 plus for a "good" lighter and probably went thru at least $1000 plus. When I got my first Ronson 6 months ago I thought that this thing looks good, lights great, takes a recharge wonderfully with 3x fuel and lights first time every time. Next time I went back to the store I bought a dozen of them and am still using the first one I bought but if I lose it or it stops working,,,BFD. As far as I am concerned I have enough lighters to last me the rest of my life and for $36,,,where do you find a better deal?
[Reply]
longknocker 07:56 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Ronson gets my vote as well. When I first learned of them I use to be one of those guys who would pay $100 plus for a "good" lighter and probably went thru at least $1000 plus. When I got my first Ronson 6 months ago I thought that this thing looks good, lights great, takes a recharge wonderfully with 3x fuel and lights first time every time. Next time I went back to the store I bought a dozen of them and am still using the first one I bought but if I lose it or it stops working,,,BFD. As far as I am concerned I have enough lighters to last me the rest of my life and for $36,,,where do you find a better deal?
:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:59 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Ha ha ha ha :-)

I'm a sucker for gadgets. So far, this one has worked flawlessly. I only use triple refined fuel, or better, and it works like a champ. :-)
Got mine today from David @ Heartfelt. Works great and got it in 2 days!:-) Thanks for the "Tip", Smokey Joe!:-)
[Reply]
Homebrewer 02:06 PM 05-01-2009
I bought one of these on ebay for $12 and it's been rocking for a while now.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:01 PM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My first PB-207 Blazer lasted 4 years before dying...and each fill lights a couple hundred cigars. I am on my second one now, and will always have one around. :-)

I've had my PB-207 Blazer for 3 years, although not the fanciest appearance, it gets the job done and that's what it's all about. I can always count on it and I've never had to "click" it more then twice. Tom is spot on pertaining to the reservoir. It's a big one.:-)

I also have a Blazer Chief II, which is just as reliable and very easy on the eyes, but a bit more than $50.00.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 10:23 PM 05-01-2009
Definitely the Blazer PB-207!! Love the thing!
[Reply]
boom 11:18 PM 05-01-2009
This guy..... works every time.....:-)
[Reply]
RGD. 07:11 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by yes please:
What is the most reliable lighter on the market for under 50.00?

Hands down it's the lowly -

Ron
[Reply]
scooter 08:44 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by Homebrewer:
I bought one of these on ebay for $12 and it's been rocking for a while now.
I have one of these, works great and holds a lot of fuel.:-)
[Reply]
yes please 12:25 AM 05-04-2009
I just bought one of these. Thanks. This has been helpful.
[Reply]
raisin 02:02 PM 05-07-2009
I would argue that the ultimate synergy of form v function resides in the Dupont xtend.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 12:44 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by thetpi825:
Anything by Xikar. They come with a lifetime guarantee which is what sold me on them.
I have a Xikar Exodus - It is such a great lighter (BTW I prefer a soft flame)

[Reply]
s15driftking 07:17 AM 05-08-2009
I have had a ronson for abotu 7 months now... the only time its ever "not lit" was when it was very low on fuel. For 3 bucks you cant buy a better lighter.

Here's an interesting question, whos got the oldest working ronson?
[Reply]
shadow king 10:11 PM 05-10-2009
My old crappy bic finally died on me, I had read this thread before so I headed out to Walmart in search of the ronson. Man I can't believe I did not goto this lighter earlier in my smoking career! This is the best lighter I've ever had and the price made me giggle like a little girl. I bought a Jetlite and a bottle of butane for Five Bucks!

If anyone is looking for a cheap lighter thats high quality (no pun intended), get the Ronson Jetlite!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up