Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The most reliable lighter
yes please 09:41 PM 04-27-2009
My current lighter is somewhat unreliable. I am looking to buy a new one. What is the most reliable lighter on the market for under 50.00?

Thanks
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:41 PM 04-27-2009
Ronson Jetlite - $3 at WalMart or CVS :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 09:42 PM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:

Yup.. I need to pick up a bunch of em.. sooon.
Scott
[Reply]
thetpi825 09:43 PM 04-27-2009
Anything by Xikar. They come with a lifetime guarantee which is what sold me on them.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:51 PM 04-27-2009
My go to is the Ronson Jet-Lite, but my "Bling" lighter is a Vector triple torch. Never fails!:-)
[Reply]
cherrybomb 10:03 PM 04-27-2009
st dupont xtend never fails to light on the first click as long as use vector five times refined!
[Reply]
King James 10:06 PM 04-27-2009
For me, has to be the pb-207. Most reliable, no frills lighter that will get your cigar lit no matter what the conditions
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:09 PM 04-27-2009
:-) or a Blazer
[Reply]
Tripp 10:26 PM 04-27-2009
Though I still stand by my handful of Ronson's, my Zippo Blu is my go-to... I love it, and have never had an issue with it.
[Reply]
ahc4353 10:33 PM 04-27-2009
For the money I don't know how you can beat a Ronson. Mine have worked perfectly. Never had a chance to try the Blazer.

Table lighter is a Vector Tundra. Fantastic lighter.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:39 PM 04-27-2009
My first PB-207 Blazer lasted 4 years before dying...and each fill lights a couple hundred cigars. I am on my second one now, and will always have one around. :-)
[Reply]
huero71 10:40 PM 04-27-2009
Damn, I've really got to get one of these. Seems like no one ever has problems with them.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 PM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by huero71:
Damn, I've really got to get one of these. Seems like no one ever has problems with them.
$3 each...get a dozen! :-)
[Reply]
gr8stag 11:04 PM 04-27-2009
Xikar would be the best bet, plenty of styles $50.00 and under. Can't beat the lifetime warranty and the free leather case they send you when you register the lighter at their web site.
[Reply]
huero71 11:11 PM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
$3 each...get a dozen! :-)
Now you're talking! :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 11:50 PM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by thetpi825:
Anything by Xikar. They come with a lifetime guarantee which is what sold me on them.
Have to agree, mines never let me down!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:34 AM 04-28-2009
I am really enjoying my Blue Rhino... great lighter!

http://heartfeltindustries.com/prodd...asp?prod=BR013
Originally Posted by :
NEW!!! Blue Rhino Lighter made especially for Golfers.

This New Lighter from Blue Rhino is designed with the Golfer in mind. It has two very unique features that can be used on the course.

The Blue Rhino Golf has a fold out Ball Mark Repair Tool and a Ball Mark that is magnetically attached to the nose of the lighter. The lighter itself is a strong triple flame blue torch lighter that is extremely windproof.

$22.95 right now... and offering a 10% discount. :-)
[Reply]
Silound 02:29 AM 04-28-2009
I have a huge collection of lighters floating around.

Several expensive lighters like my ST Dupont, Davidoff, Montecristo (ST knockoff), and a couple Porsche Designs that I carry when I want to flash some style.

Several daily use lighters like my PB-207, my Colibri Reload (absolutely love this lighter, a year and a half, never had a problem with it), two random Xikars (have no idea where they even came from), and a beat up old Porsche PD4 that has seen better days. All of which are day to day use lighters that I pick up and carry around.

Then I have dozens of Ronson's scattered around me. Couple in my truck, tackle boxes, desk, by my keys, couple at work, one right now that I'm modifying on my porch, and a ton of new ones I have stashed somewhere that I can't find....

I'd say get yourself a dozen Ronson's to start with, then maybe graduate into a Blazer or Xikar, then something nicer. Unless you spend a lot of time in company that you really want to impress an image upon, avoid dropping a wad on something really expensive because you'll probably end up managing to scratch your "scratch proof" ST lighter and paying a small fortune to get it repaired! (story for another day...and this is why I keep my good lighters only for use on classy occasions and not during the yard work).
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:09 AM 04-28-2009
I don't own an expensive lighter. I don't see any need to. I have three of those "smiley face' lighters. I think they are Xikar. The smiley face is long since worn off but these lighters have never failed me.

I also bought a store display of 12 Jet Lites off of eBay for about $20. I have given about half of them away and the other half are buried in the closet.
[Reply]
stearns 06:37 AM 04-28-2009
bought 10 ronsons, usually if i grab two one will work fine. a good lighter to have around, like others have said, one that you dont mind giving away to a stranger in need of a light

stearns
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up