Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Mu New Premium Wood Carved Military Humidor!
Bruzee 10:35 PM 04-05-2009
Nice work, but I agree with the other guys. We here at the Asylum don't take too kindly to being hoodwinked. Beautiful box though. Very pricey too. :-)
[Reply]
ECPrevatte 08:08 PM 04-06-2009
Hmm, I don't think that price justifies it. Find someone with a nice laser engraver and do it yourself. Hell, you would save your self maybe a grand or more.

Sorry to be a parade rainer, but it is true. I know several friends with lasers and they could do it for under 200 bucks considering they would also design their own art work for the box.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:12 PM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by ECPrevatte:
Hmm, I don't think that price justifies it. Find someone with a nice laser engraver and do it yourself. Hell, you would save your self maybe a grand or more.

Sorry to be a parade rainer, but it is true. I know several friends with lasers and they could do it for under 200 bucks considering they would also design their own art work for the box.
:-)
[Reply]
pmp 03:35 PM 04-07-2009
Nice humidor...very hard to justify the price since you can have a cabinet custom made for less.
[Reply]
tfallis 03:04 PM 04-09-2009
I appreciate all the responses. However, I did not think the some would question my honesty and consider the post spam. It's unfortunate even though I understand people's skepticism on the Net.

Anyway, I purchased this humidor through an eBay auction, Item number: 140310840499, and paid on March 31, 2009.

Now, since I have figured out how to post images and link to them myself, I have added the below picture. You can also go to eBay and look yourself. Maybe in the future I will add some pics of the humidor inside my own house.

Thank you.
[Reply]
BamBam 03:32 PM 04-09-2009
WOW....just beautiful. I can see that as a proud addition to any desk
[Reply]
pnoon 03:33 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by tfallis:
I appreciate all the responses. However, I did not think the some would question my honesty and consider the post spam. It's unfortunate even though I understand people's skepticism on the Net.
Trust and respect is earned - especially in an internet forum such as CA. As a brand new member who hasn't participated or interacted much, nobody really knows if you are honest or a spammer/scammer. I'm not accusing you of anything underhanded. I'm just trying to explain why your reception may not have been as warm as you expected.

Alarm bells tend to go off when someone tries to sell something immediately upon joining.

[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:34 PM 04-09-2009
It just didn't add up. Your first post is bragging about the humidor you bought, saying it arrived more beautiful than when you bought it on the website. Why wouldn't you have posted the pictures of your own humidor rather than the pictures from the website? Well you bought it on Ebay, not the website, now you have shown us that you paid for it on the 2nd, your first post was on the 5th. So unless it was shipped overnight, assuming that your payment went through immediately, you wouldn't have had the humidor on the 5th. Also, no where on Ebay does it say that Kyle is a veteran. You seem to have had a vested interest in this business and immediately came in bragging about it and encouraging all of us to check it out, despite not having your humidor. So unless you already had it, which you likely did not, I am not sure how you could claim it was more beautiful than you thought. Also the fact that you and a member named Kyle Mizsr3i2cboe seem to be joining a number of cigar forums only recently with similar posts about the same humidor seem to be very odd. You also use the "cheap chinese import" line similar to the Ebay item and the website and tell us to search for Kyle's name to find out more about them. Why would you have googled his name if you bought it on Ebay? :-)

Your photos are also placed with direct links from the website, not Ebay, not sure how else to direct link the photos from the website without having their location, since searching for the web address you use for the pictures yields no results. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:10 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It just didn't add up. Your first post is bragging about the humidor you bought, saying it arrived more beautiful than when you bought it on the website. Why wouldn't you have posted the pictures of your own humidor rather than the pictures from the website? Well you bought it on Ebay, not the website, now you have shown us that you paid for it on the 2nd, your first post was on the 5th. So unless it was shipped overnight, assuming that your payment went through immediately, you wouldn't have had the humidor on the 5th. Also, no where on Ebay does it say that Kyle is a veteran. You seem to have had a vested interest in this business and immediately came in bragging about it and encouraging all of us to check it out, despite not having your humidor. So unless you already had it, which you likely did not, I am not sure how you could claim it was more beautiful than you thought. Also the fact that you and a member named Kyle Mizsr3i2cboe seem to be joining a number of cigar forums only recently with similar posts about the same humidor seem to be very odd. You also use the "cheap chinese import" line similar to the Ebay item and the website and tell us to search for Kyle's name to find out more about them. Why would you have googled his name if you bought it on Ebay? :-)

Your photos are also placed with direct links from the website, not Ebay, not sure how else to direct link the photos from the website without having their location, since searching for the web address you use for the pictures yields no results. :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 05:13 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I'm starting to see how you got so many posts in such a short amount of time :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 05:40 PM 04-09-2009

you are right Adam it just does not add up,but you always have to give every one a chance to make right
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:18 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
I'm starting to see how you got so many posts in such a short amount of time :-) :-)
Haha when you are with stupid you are with stupid...and I am usually with stupid!
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:21 PM 04-09-2009
Awesome!
[Reply]
roughrider 06:23 PM 04-09-2009
Damn that's nice. Congrats.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 06:34 PM 04-09-2009

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 06:36 PM 04-09-2009
I am incredibly confused. Are you Kyle himself? Because you are using the exact same pictures posted on your website, even in the same order. Clearly who ever you are, you are not the purchaser of said humidor. I suppose you could be the guy who set up the website, considering you share the same name, but you clearly came haucking a product and a website. Perhaps you should contact the Team of Eleven and just get your name set up for a retailer instead of acting like a "satisfied customer", it just comes off as spam. :-)
I like how you think!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:12 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
I like how you think!
Quit stealing my method of :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 08:24 PM 04-09-2009
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
sharpsbigfifty 09:22 PM 04-09-2009
The bottom line is some members assumed that he was trying to sell something on the board. You know what happens when you assume something. Maybe next time ask instead of assuming. tfallis welcome to the board. for the record most of the members were congratulating you on your beautiful humidor.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 09:28 PM 04-09-2009
:-):-) You caught on to that huh James.......:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up