Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Travel Humi (cigar caddy)
BamBam 08:43 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
Is this place for reals? The prices for the 18 and 30 count are WAY cheaper than anywhere else?
Absolutely. Got my 18 count for the list price with no problems
[Reply]
Asher 10:09 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
Absolutely. Got my 18 count for the list price with no problems
I was about to order one, but the registration page required my driver's license number and the last 4 digits of my SSN. Seems fishy to me.
[Reply]
colimo 10:18 PM 04-03-2009
great and timely post, i have been looking for one too for myself, the 30 ct....and the cheapest i found prior to this post was cigarsolutions which was $ 5-$ 10 cheaper than the source
[Reply]
BamBam 10:39 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
I was about to order one, but the registration page required my driver's license number and the last 4 digits of my SSN. Seems fishy to me.
If noone else here had used them before then I would understand your concern.

But as you've read others here on CA, including me, have bought from them and had no problems.

I was actually referred to the company by another member here at CA who had ordered from them.

Not sure what more you're lookin for as far as good endorsements. :-)

Trust me. Save some cash and do it.

(btw if someone does get ripped off by the company.....can a mod please delete this post :-)) j/k. They really are legit. :-)

(As far as the DL# and SSN, they sell tobacco, so that's probably there way to check and see if the customer is actually of legal age to make the purchase. It's the same as making the customer provide State ID in the shops. Smart business if you ask me :-))
[Reply]
colimo 10:39 PM 04-03-2009
just ordered a 30 ct cigar caddy from riverfront....$15-20 cheaper than anywhere else i looked....thanks to all in this thread
[Reply]
Asher 01:49 AM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
If noone else here had used them before then I would understand your concern.

But as you've read others here on CA, including me, have bought from them and had no problems.

I was actually referred to the company by another member here at CA who had ordered from them.

Not sure what more you're lookin for as far as good endorsements. :-)

Trust me. Save some cash and do it.

(btw if someone does get ripped off by the company.....can a mod please delete this post :-)) j/k. They really are legit. :-)

(As far as the DL# and SSN, they sell tobacco, so that's probably there way to check and see if the customer is actually of legal age to make the purchase. It's the same as making the customer provide State ID in the shops. Smart business if you ask me :-))
My concern isn't that I won't receive what I order, but rather that they have no need for all of that information, particularly the SSN. With a credit card number, a birthdate, and the last 4 digits of a SSN, one could do a lot of damage. Even if they're completely legit, I don't want that much information sitting in a database of unknown security.
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 07:35 AM 04-04-2009
I think it might be safe to say that you could make up the last 4 digits and you'd be able to purchase. $.02
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:43 AM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
Is this place for reals? The prices for the 18 and 30 count are WAY cheaper than anywhere else?
I've also ordered from them. I had called to place my order b/c I couldn't determine my shipping charge before entering my cc: number. The person I spoke with was very nice. They shipped quickly and it was well packaged.
[Reply]
colimo 12:04 PM 04-08-2009
having problems w/riverfront gifts...place the order on 4/4 they are now telling me it takes 5-7 business days just to process the order and get it out the door....their customer service is horrendous...cant even get past the call center lackey to talk to someone who can do something...their prices are good..service is bad..
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 12:25 PM 04-08-2009
I'd rather pay a tad more for peace of mind and customer service.
[Reply]
bonjing 04:14 PM 04-08-2009
so when they say 18 - 24 cnt, does that mean that 18 churchils size cigars and 24 robusto sized? or is it 18 - 24 depending on what foam trays are used?
[Reply]
Prospector 04:31 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
having problems w/riverfront gifts...place the order on 4/4 they are now telling me it takes 5-7 business days just to process the order and get it out the door....their customer service is horrendous...cant even get past the call center lackey to talk to someone who can do something...their prices are good..service is bad..
I also purchased an 18 count from them a month or so ago and the process was not without problems. They are very slow at everything. After waiting in excess of several weeks I finally received ... the wrong item (they sent the 30 count). Contacting them and getting a response via website was also slow, but they readily agreed to send the right item, which after another delay, they did. They also sent (after another delay) a prepaid return shipping label for the wrong item to go back.

The price was indeed right, but if I had needed it in a hurry I would have been out of luck.
[Reply]
Prospector 04:35 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
so when they say 18 - 24 cnt, does that mean that 18 churchils size cigars and 24 robusto sized? or is it 18 - 24 depending on what foam trays are used?
The 18 count box comes with foam trays having 18 9-inch long slots. You would need different foam trays for 24 count capacity
[Reply]
colimo 04:41 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
... the wrong item (they sent the 30 count). Contacting them and getting a response via website was also slow, but they readily agreed to send the right item, which after another delay, they did. They also sent (after another delay) a prepaid return shipping label for the wrong item to go back.

The price was indeed right, but if I had needed it in a hurry I would have been out of luck.
if you still have the 30 ct, ill take it/buy it....that is what i was trying to order
[Reply]
bonjing 04:57 PM 04-08-2009
nvm, found the answer after clicking on the picture:

* Great for use at home or over a long weekend with friends, the Xikar travel humidor 18 will hold 18 Churchill sized cigars and up to 24 cigars of smaller sizes
[Reply]
Prospector 05:16 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
if you still have the 30 ct, ill take it/buy it....that is what i was trying to order
They made me send it back. Sorry:-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:25 AM 04-09-2009
slowest... website... ever...

not very jazzed about this DL and SSN thing. not that i'm ordering - i've got two otterboxes and they're FABULOUS! can't recommend them enough.
[Reply]
cort 04:39 PM 04-10-2009
I got my 18 count today. It actually came yesterday but they shipped it with a signature required tag for whatever reason so I had to go pick it up at the P.O.

It took them a few days to actually ship it but now that I have it I am stoked.

Thanks again for all the links guys. :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 04:51 PM 04-10-2009
No prob. Can't wait to use mine someday :-)
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:44 PM 04-23-2009
cigar solutions is a pretty good retailer
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up